I nodded my head before I lifted my water bottle to my lips. We talked a little bit more about scheduling my next training session, but my mind was on something else. Eventually, I was making my way back to my car, thankful that I was finally alone with my thoughts.

I sat in the driver's seat and just stared blankly out the windshield. Today was the day I had to break up with Beth. How was I supposed to do that? How was I expected to lie to her and tell her that I didn't want her anymore when it was the complete opposite.

I leaned forward and rested my head on the steering wheel. This was the hardest role I was going to have to play since I started acting professionally. How the hell was I supposed to pull this off?

Beth

I frowned at my phone screen as I made my way to the car. I had already done 3 trips to and from my new place and I still haven't heard from Claire. I knew she was at the gym but usually by her second set, she would've at least texted me twice about how much she hated the gym or made a joke about saving her from her strict trainer.

But she hasn't responded to my good morning text that I sent hours ago. I didn't want to be that girl that overanalyzed everything especially when I didn't know where I stood with her. I hopped into the driver's seat and started the engine. I was almost done moving all my stuff out of Claire's place but the more trips I made, the more I found myself dragging my feet to actually finish moving. I didn't want to leave Claire's place. I loved spending time with her and I missed her even though she was icing me out.

I knew I was wrong for making that comment. We should've talked about it but instead, I blocked our communication by storming off and sleeping in a different room that night and that just put a strain between us.

I drove towards Claire's place again when the flower shop I bought flowers from before caught my eye. I jerked my steering wheel to the left, making a very illegal U-turn as incoming cars honked their horns at me, but I didn't care, this was an emergency.

I parked in front of the shop and turned off the ignition. I was going to buy her the biggest bouquet of roses as part of an apology.

I pulled the door to the shop open and was immediately greeted by a worker.

"Back again?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my neck and smiled sheepishly, "you said you had the best apology roses, right?"

She chuckled lightly, "you remembered?"

I winced, "I knew I was going to mess up at some point so I made sure to remember."

She nodded, "alright, give me one second, let me just bring out different arrangements and pick the one you like." She disappeared into a backroom and I looked around the shop. I was never the type to apologize first especially because I had a lot of pride. But I was willing to put my pride aside to make sure Claire and I were good. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Claire

As soon as I got home it was apparent that Beth was in the process of moving her things. My heart hurt seeing how small the pile of her boxes was left in my room because after what I was about to do, she wouldn't have a reason to be here anymore or actually want to be around me.

I sat on the couch and tucked my legs under me as I pulled out my phone. Beth sent me a good morning text earlier and normally I would've sent her one back, but if I was going to break up with her today, I couldn't be sending her mixed signals.

I untangled my legs from under me and sat up straight, my leg bouncing nervously as I waited for her to come home. 3 months ago, I wasn't sure if I could even fool people to believe that Beth and I are in a romantic relationship and Emily gave me the advice to pretend that it was just a role I was playing.