01 - Morning Routine

Start from the beginning

Daisy, the second born, was a student at Pace University, studying Business management. She had moved out two years ago and has been living on her own since then. She would come home during weekends for a little bit before heading out with friends or back to campus to study.

Over time, Daisy hasn't had the time to spend with the family, but would try her best to come and see them. 

"Not this weekend, Rach," Jeremy said.

"Oh, man," Rachel said. "I was really looking forward to seeing her."

Rachel and Daisy have always been close. It helped that they were quite close in age.

Chase and Hailey, on the other hand, got along for the most part, but fought over ridiculous things from time to time, leading them to get in trouble.

"Isn't she spending the week with us when the school year is over?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, she is," Olivia confirmed. "She's really busy with finals and school."

"Speaking of the end of the year," Jeremy said as he spread cream cheese on his bagel, "Chase, Hailey, your school trip is coming up. You two excited?"

"Yeah," Hailey said.

"Oh, yeah," Chase smiled. "We get to go to Europe for two whole weeks. It's going to be epic."

"The house will be really quite without the two of you," Olivia said.

"Oh, that's great," Rachel said. "A house, free of them."

"Oh, just you wait until we get back, Rachel," Chase said. "I will make sure to bug you enough that will make up for the two weeks of my absence."

"Don't you dare," Rachel said, knowing whether younger brother is capable of.

"Oh, just wait," Chase said, smiling devilishly, as he took a bite from his bagel. "Just you wait."

"Don't eat with your mouth full, Chase," Olivia instructed her son before she took a bite from her bagel.

Hailey smiled at her families conversation.

"Did you two turn in your forms for the trip?" Jeremy asked Hailey and Chase.

"I don't remember where I last left my form," Chase said.

"Chase," Olivia said, giving her only son a look.

"Oh, don't worry," Hailey said. "I knew Chase was going to misplace the form so I turned it in when I turned mines in."

"Oh, thank you, Hailey," Chase said, relieved. "You're the best sister ever," he gave his sister a tight hug. "I have no idea what I would do without you."

Hailey smiled at her brothers actions.

Hailey and Chase both attend Midtown School of Science and Technology. For the past few weeks, the two and their class have been talking nothing except for their upcoming trip to Europe. They will be spending two weeks going around Europe and taking in the sights. 

Since the announcement of the trip, that's all their class have been talking about.

With all the events that has happened recently, it was a nice change of environment for Chase and Hailey. It would be nice to get away from New York and visiting places they've never been before.

After breakfast, they cleaned up the table and Chase and Hailey washed the dishes.

"C'mon," Olivia said, "get started on your homework. The two of you. Rachel, help them out if they need it."

Rachel nodded as she sat back down at the dining table with her laptop.

"Mom, we don't have homework," Hailey reminded her.

"Yeah, Mom," Chase said. "We already finished finals and our teachers haven't been giving us homework."

"Then what have you been doing at school?"

"Preparing for the trip," Olivia said.

"Yeah," Chase nodded. "And free time."

"Oh, right, right," Olivia remembered. "I guess you guys are free for the day."

Chase picked up his phone. He unlocked his phone and sent a few texts.

"Hey, Mom, can Hailey and I go over to Lizzie's house?" Chase asked. "Maddie and Justin are heading over there now."

"Yeah, sure," Olivia said. "Go ahead."

"Thanks," Chase smiled.

"Oh, wait, I need to take a shower," Hailey said. "I'll be quick. I promise."

Chase nodded.

Hailey rushed into the bathroom and took a quick shower before changing. She didn't bother drying her hair.

"Dry your hair, Hailey," Olivia said. "You'll get sick."

"Mom, I'll be fine," Hailey said. "I'm not getting sick."

Olivia sighed at her daughters words.

"Let's go," Chase said.

Hailey and Chase left the house and headed over to Elizabeth LeBlanc's house, where they spent the entire day at.

Authors Note

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of Castaway. Peter has a new love interest in this and its obviously Hailey.

For those who are just stumbling onto this fanfic, this is a sequel to my other Spider-Man fanfic called Believer. I would read Believer first before reading Castaway. 

Some of the characters in this fanfic, specifically Chase, Elizabeth, Justin, and Maddie are characters from my Harley Keener fanfic, Broken Frame. They appear a lot over there and you will get to know them there.

I really hope you all enjoyed this first chapter of Castaway.