thirteen

Although she felt the chains of Quinnzelle Shiobana be severed, the emotional link between her and Haru still tugged around her tattered heart. She had plans to build a relationship with her again, even if she had to pretend to be the person she was in the past. She made an oath to restore the years of pain and sadness Haru felt while she was presumably dead.

"Haru?" Quinn called out, her voice firm with vengeance as she stepped into the dimly lit room. She felt her sister's presence for sure now, but she was nowhere to be seen. The area she was in only held two candles which somehow glowed blue, a bookshelf, and a few paintings which scattered the room. What did catch her eye was a coffin that was in the middle of the room.

The young woman looked around her as she slowly walked towards the coffin, the object striking a pang of nostalgia within her. It happened to be the exact same coffin she planned on inspecting on the Canary Islands before her mind was completely torn apart. But what set her off most was that Haru's aura emitted right from it.

With DIO nowhere to be seen, Quinn placed her rough hands onto the object. Gripping the dark wood, she let out a grunt as she lifted the top of it off. She felt her stomach flutter with hope as she peeked her head into the deep cavern.

"Quinnzelle?" A silky voice questioned, a slight pang of rasp resonating within it.

Quinn gasped, her heart exploding with overflowing joy. Her violet eyes began leaking tears as she reached her arms into the coffin, pulling the woman in front of her into a tight hug. It was a hug so tight the love could be felt from miles away. It was bittersweet, filled with melancholy, but with great happiness. For Quinn had finally reunited with her older sister.

"Haru! Oh my god, it is you." Quinn cried, pulling away from the hug as she wiped her salty tears from her cheeks. "I can't believe it. I found you! Thank goodness you're alive. Did he hurt you?"

The young woman was met by silence, Haru staring at her with her green eyes. The emotion in them was completely unreadable. Her body was still, and she looked completely normal. Yet, something felt very wrong.

"You leave for Egypt out of nowhere and expect me to be happy to see you?" She suddenly hissed, her black hair cascading down her back as she stepped out of the coffin. Quinn visibly shrunk as her sister walked towards her with anger. "Do you know what that put mother and father through? Even when they went as far as adopting you from Italy, you still couldn't stick around or even say goodbye? You are an ungrateful child who ran away to go play Indiana Jones. But, now that is all over."

"H-Haru.. I'm sorry, but I don't remember anyth-"

"Save it," She snarled, flipping her dark locks over her shoulder. "I only came here because father refused to accept your death. But now that he's finally died, his money is being distributed to his children. I flew here to see if you were still living, which sadly you are. It's a shame, I would have loved to get all the money."

Quinn didn't even noticed the heaps of tears flowing down her cheeks. She had felt a million daggers pierce through her chest. It was almost as if she were stabbed as she watched the world crumble down to pieces. Quinnzelle Shiobana's world had just died.

"Haru... I'm sorry for being gone so long." Quinn apologized, her platinum blonde hair clinging to her face. She struggled to form a sentence as a weight hung onto her heart. "But, I came this far to save you. To save you from that monster. You may hate me, and I would hate me too for causing all of this mental pain. But please, let me get you out of here. Then you can just forget I even existed...I can make you forget about me."

"Why would she need to be saved, Quinnzelle Shiobana?" A deep voice chuckled from behind her. Quinn screamed in fear as she whipped around, only to see DIO in all of his "glory". "I think Haru likes it here. She loves to serve me."