"I never got to say sorry about Cedric, Goldie." Lee said in a softer voice, placing a friendly hand on her shoulder, "I know how close you guys were."

Marigold, who had been trying to avoid the thought of Cedric all morning, nodded, "Thanks, Lee."

"What's your game plan then?" He changed the subject and Marigold was grateful for it. "From what I remember, you guys need to focus on defense."

She huffed, humorously, "And what kind of captain would it make me to spill my game tactics to a Gryffindor!"

"You know," George's voice at her side made her jump, "With you elected captain, you and Ang are now the most powerful set of best friends in the school. Two opposing captains as best friends are rare."

Her eyes climbed his long torso up to his face and chuckled, "I don't know if I would go so far, Weasley. It's all fun and games until I beat you guys."

"Correct me if I'm mistaken," George grinned down at her, "But that sounds like a threat."

"Threat?" She creased her brow, playfully, "I don't make threats, I make promises."

Before he could retort, they'd reached the entrance to the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. George stepped aside for Marigold to enter before him, Lee made suggestive eyes at him but George shoved him.

At the front of the class was the woman they'd been introduced to as Professor Umbridge. She was wearing a hot pink blazer and skirt with a sickly-sweet smile on her face.

Students began to file in, Angelina and Marigold claimed a desk and Bernie and Elin grabbed the desk beside them. The twins and Lee filled into the row directly behind them. Diego jogged in with two minutes to spare and fell into the last empty seat near the front next to Alicia, he looked back at Marigold and mouthed what looked like "overslept".

She rolled her eyes at him and pulled her wand out, placing it onto the desk.

"Students," Umbridge's syrupy voice flowed across the quiet classroom, "If you could please put away your wands, we will be working out of our textbooks."

Angelina raised her hand unsurely, "Professor, we don't have textbooks. It wasn't on the booklist."

"Well," Umbridge's mouth pulled into tight smirk, "We will be using ministry-issued textbooks in this classroom only. I will be handing them out in a moment."

"Agenda much?" Marigold heard Angelina mutter quietly beside her.

"I want to start by saying that there will be no wand waving in this classroom, your Defense Against the Dark Art's syllabus is purely theoretical. Do I make myself clear?"

Most students nodded reluctantly, while the rest muttered under their breaths.

"Surely," Diego piped up, "We should learn some real world skills--"

"Mr...?" She looked at Diego.

Diego shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Ortega." He replied.

"A week's detention for Mr Ortega."

Diego's mouth fell open and a collective gasp erupted from the students. "Professor--" He pleaded.

"Opposing a ministry-issued syllabus is an act of treason, Mr Ortega. That goes for everybody. Any more questions?"

The class stayed silent.

__________

"That bitch is crazy!" Diego exclaimed as soon as they were clear of the classroom.