⁰³ Operation Mirkwood

Start from the beginning

Seven arched a brow at Dustin's eagerness but just smirked and didn't answer, opting to ignore the boys' conversation and stare at Lucas once again, just to see the boy squirm.

"Boys! Time for school!"

Karen, Mike's mother's voice shouted from upstairs. Lucas and Dustin hurriedly ran up the stairs, Seven's lip quirking when Dustin almost pushed Lucas over.

When the boys were out of his sight, his eyes trailing to Mike who crouched down in front of them, "Just stay down here. Don't make any noise, and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"

Eleven just stared at him in curiosity while Seven nodded at Mike's words, both of them flinching when Karen shouted once again.

"Michael!"

Mike turned, shouting, "Coming!" the boy turned back to the two, his expression softening drastically making Ven narrow his eyes.

"You know those power lines?" Mike asked, his question was towards both of them yet his eyes were trained on El making Ven scoot closer to the girl.

Eleven glanced at the boy next to her before her attention returned to Mike, "Power lines?"

"Yeah, the ones behind my house?"

"Yes." Seven answered.

"Meet us there, after school."

"After school?" Eleven questioned, her brows furrowed.

"Yeah, 3:15."

Mike glanced at Seven's unimpressed face before realization hit him, the raven-haired boy took his watch off, clasping it around El's wrist. "When the numbers read three-one-five, meet us there."

"Three-one-five," El repeated, the number engraved in her head as she looked at the thing on her wrist in amazement.

"Three-one-five." Mike smiled softly at the girl before saying bye to both of them and leaving up the stairs, leaving the two alone.

Seven fiddled with the walkman on his lap, glancing at the girl by his side. "Is Will really there?"

Eleven's eyes snapped to the boy, swallowing thickly as she took in the glare on Ven's face, shrugging her shoulders.

Seven sighed, leaning his head against the back of the couch, "You know this is dangerous, right?"

El just nodded a sad smile on her face.

The two sat in silence for a while, the only noise was from the people upstairs finally leaving the house, leaving the two in the house completely alone.

Eleven was sitting on the floor making one of Mike's toys float with her mind while Seven lied on the couch, music blasting in his ears as he quietly sang along to the words that were already stuck in his head.

"I will be king. And you, you will be queen. Though nothing will drive them away. We can be heroes, just for one day. We can be us--"

El nudges him, bored and fed up with his singing. Ven gazes at the girl in concern while taking his headphones off slowly.

The girl just shook her head and stood up, grabbing onto his hand and pulling him up with all her strength, not that she had to use it since the boy was small for his age.

Seven confusedly followed the girl as she led them upstairs, the boy wanted to pull her back and tell her to listen to Mike but he knew she wouldn't listen anyway.

She let go of his hand when they made it upstairs, her feet dragging to the living room, looking at random things, her fingers trailing gently over the objects.