"Hi, Goldenshine!" Pippy practically squeaked.

I let out a purr of amusement as I stood up. "Hi, Pippy!" I purred. I then shyly looked over to Dusty, my ears suddenly growing hot. "Hi," I murmured to him, smiling.

"Hello, there," Dusty purred, touching his nose to mine.

"We just had the most amazing training session!" Pippy began. "Dusty and I learned so many battle moves! Heck, you could throw us into battle right now, and we'd flay those mouse-brains!"

"Easy there," Dusty meowed, nudging his sister with his paw, "Let's not ask for a battle!"

"True that!" I exclaimed. "But anyway, that's great! Maybe you two could test them out on me once I've gotten rid of this rascal?" I then meowed, nodding my head towards Swiftkit, who had Cherrykit pinned down.

Pippy then began to lick at her claws. "Hm... you might regret that!" She teased.

"Look who's talking!" Dusty meowed, shaking his head slowly. "Goldenshine would have you on the ground whimpering within heartbeats!"

"Oh, whatever!" Pippy then purred, giving me an affectionate and teasing gaze. Her big green eyes then went to the fresh-kill pile where Mousewhisker and Hazeltail were settling down. "I'm starving, Dusty! Let's get something to eat!"

The two siblings then nodded to me in farewell before excitedly trotting over to the fresh-kill pile. I looked over to where the four kits were still playing, and then glanced over closer to the nursery to see Poppyfrost watching them close by.

I suppose I'm kind of hungry too! I realized. Maybe I'll grab something really quickly while Poppyfrost is watching the kits.

Acting on this, I quickly traveled to the fresh-kill pile, realizing more and more how hungry I actually was. I grabbed a small mouse as I noticed Mousewhisker beckoning me over with his tail. Hazeltail was nowhere in sight, and I realized that she had probably joined the hunting patrol that had just left.

I smiled at the gray and white tom and settled down beside him, excited to get to talk to Mousewhisker. He was one of my closer friends, and he had even posed as the father of Swiftkit when cats became suspicious of Breezepelt and me. I knew that Mousewhisker and I would always have a special connection.

"Hey, Goldenshine!" Mousewhisker said kindly. "It feels like forever since we've talked!"

"For sure!" I agreed. I then smirked as my eyes went to the two former-kittypets, who were talking excitedly to each other as they shared a vole. "You've been so caught up with those two!"

Mousewhisker then snorted. "I certainly have! They both have incredible enthusiasm. Hazeltail and I can't get enough of them!"

"How are they coming along in their training?" I asked him. "They certainly seem to be enjoying it!"

Mousewhisker's eyes were glittering with satisfaction. "Hazeltail seems very happy with Pippy! Dusty is fantastic. I'm honestly happy that Firestar let him in. He was made to be a warrior. He hunts and fights as if he's been here for moons!"

I then tilted my head as I noticed that Mousewhisker seemed to be suppressing a purr of amusement. "What?" I asked, purring myself.

Mousewhisker shook his head slowly before looking up to where Dusty still was. "As true as all of that is, that Dusty can still be as daft as a new apprentice!"

"How so?" I wondered aloud.

Mousewhisker then met my gaze, his green eyes glittering with amusement. "As I said, he's fantastic. That is, when you're not brought up or thought about at all!"