The Ouija Board

I have always believed in the paranormal, ever since I was very young. I had never had any of my own experiences, but I still believed everything I had heard. It seemed to me there was no way it couldn't be true. Then I had some experiences that made me certain I was right in believing.

In November 2007, my dad died in a car accident. At the time, I was 12, my younger sister was 10, and my baby sister was 10 months old. It came as a shock to us, seeing as my mother had just had my sister. Unfortunately, we still struggle with money issues and things aren't as good and well as they could be.

Shortly after my dad died, in June of 2008 or 2009, my mother and I were out shopping. I saw that there was a Ouija board for sale. It was the last one on the shelf. I had wanted one for so long, and I begged and pleaded until my mother gave in and bought it for me. After we got home, I opened it up and set the board on a table in our living room and I set the oracle piece on the board. A few seconds afterward, me and my mother heard a crashing sound in the adjoining garage. We both walked to the garage and looked inside, and we found my dad's old nascar clock on the ground by the side door that leads to the backyard, next to our ping pong table. It had originally been hanging on the wall up near the ceiling on the other side of the garage. There was no rational explanation for how it would've just came off the wall and flown across the room. I picked it up and examined it, and there were no scratches on it or anything, it had simply stopped working. When I came back inside and went back in the living room, I saw that the oracle piece had moved from it's original place in the center of the board.

A few days after, my mother told me that she was standing on our front porch, holding my baby sister and talking to our neighbor from across the street. It was a perfect summer day, very calm with no wind. She said as she was talking to her, one of our 4 ferns that we have hanging by hooks on our front porch (the one to the far left of her) came off the hook and flew at her. It landed by her feet, and scared her and our neighbor. She still doesn't know why that happened.

A few months later, on Halloween, my 2 friends, Rose and Kailyn, came over to my house. We were all dressed up, and we wanted my mother to take pictures of us. So we stood at the end of my front porch and posed for pictures. My mother took 2 pictures of us. When we went to look at them, we saw the 1st picture was normal. But in the 2nd picture, there was a huge orb floating above our heads. It was gray, with hints of blue and green inside, and it wasn't a perfect circle, it was kind of misshapen. Later that night, we took a picture of my mom's then-boyfriend, Brad, while he was standing in my front yard, and there were little orbs that seemed to be flying past the camera towards his body. We zoomed in on the orbs, and one had a tail on it, like a shooting star, and was flying towards his feet.

A couple of months later, Rose and Kailyn were spending the night. We were in my room, sitting on my bed and talking. The way my room is set up is that I have a TV sitting on my dresser, and my dresser has a big, wide mirror attached to it. In the reflection of my mirror, you can see my bed, and next to my bed on the right side is a closet, and next to that, a bookshelf. We decided to watch a movie, so I put a movie into my DVD player and turned off my bedroom light. As soon as I turned off the light, Rose and Kailyn started screaming, telling me to turn the light back on. When I did, I saw that they were crying and holding each other. I asked them what happened, and they said when I turned my light off, they looked into my mirror and saw a man standing in front of my closet. They described him as a dark figure, whose neck stretched all the way to my ceiling. To this day, they are both still terrified of entering my room.

One day shortly after that, I was sitting in my living room watching TV, and I heard an old woman's voice on the couch next to the one I was sitting on. She said ''Stan.'' The name was very drawn out and it sounded like the voice of someone who had recently lost their voice.

There have been several other incidents, but those are the main ones. Aside from that, I hear footsteps all the time when no one is here but me, I hear whispers, I feel like I am not alone most of the time, even in an empty room, and I have strange dreams. None of this started happening until after my dad died and after I got the Ouija board. Both my mother and my younger sister do not believe in the paranormal, but I am certain that it is the only explanation.