Chapter 2

Y/N' POV

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time. The Outer Banks. Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. There is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. And then there's the south side, or the cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of... the Pogues. That's us. Pogues, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. The upside of Pogue life, we're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want. First, there's JJ John B's best friend since third grade. Best surfer I know. He's kinda like me.  Whenever we are together we can't help but do something stupid. I liked him since last year but i could never tell him that since i knew he probably saw me as one of his bro's. Then there's Kiara, or as we call her, Kie. When she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why, though. Cause she's a rich kid, actually. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution.  Total cash cow with the tourists. I'm pretty sure her parents hate us, but who cares. Im glad she hangs outs with us because i couldn't survive these crazy boys without her. Then there's Pope. He's the brains of the operation. He's the smartest person I know and one of the most hard working people I've ever met . Then there's John Booker Routledge, or John B. Ive been staying at his house for the past year and he has became a brother to me. His dad disappeared at sea 9 months ago, looking for a shipwreck. He misses him a lot . Then, his mom. She split with his dad when JB was three. The person who was watching us last year was John B's uncle, Uncle T. Well, he's supposed to watch over him. Since his  dad vanished, he's John B's legal guardian. He's normally not even in the Chateau so that leaves me and the Pogues to have our own house and do whatever we want. Right now , he's in Mississippi. The Pogues normally stay at John B's house. Kie and Pope don't usually stay that often, since their houses are pretty much great. So that leaves JJ basically living with us since he has an abusive, alcoholic father that we all hate. JB refuses to believe that his  dad is missing. He needs to see a body first.  We all really don't know what to think. Lastly there's me Y/N  Y/L/N. I'm pretty much the female version of JJ since the only thing i do all day is drink weed and surf. But i love my life. I escaped from my abusive parents last year and that was the best decision i have ever made because i wouldn't have met my real family. The Pogues.

John B' was currently on top of a building that was in the making of being built. He had a beer in one hand and his arms were out on either side of him as he balanced on one foot. "That's what, a three-sorry fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope told John B from below. "Hm. Should I do it?" he asked with a smile and licked his finger to check the flow of the wind. Yeah you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope replied. "Your going to shoot me?" he asked. "Yep." Pope replied. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie said as she came to view. "Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?" JJ asked. "This used to be a turtle habitat. But who cares about the turtles, I guess." Kie said. "I can't have cold towels." JJ told us, making us all laugh. I was currently laying my on the floor with my head on JJ's lap and JJ had a beer in his hand. Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie told John B. "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ told John B as he grabbed his hat and put in on my face making me giggle. Just as JJ said that John B dropped his beer. "Ah shit." JB said. "Of course you did." JJ said. "Ahh man." John B groaned, looking down at the spilled beer. "Hey, uh, securities here. Let's wrap it up." Pope told us. "Boys are early today." John B said. "Yeah!" JJ yelled and helped my stand up while grabbing my hand as we started to run. Jogn B got down from the roof. JJ started yelling at the cops as we ran away from them. "Yeah your just asking for it this time." Kie said as we started running. "Whoo!" I yelled as we ran through the house, cops chasing us. We all shouted and laughed as we ran down the stairs, me still holding JJ's hand and John B running in front of us. As we ran a cop tried to grab me and JJ but JJ got us out of his grip. "Not much of a hugger, sorry!" JJ yelled as me and JJ continued running. Go, Pope! Go, go, go, go." JJ yelled as Pope jumped the fence, then JJ jumped next. The only difference, Pope landed in his face. Since i was kinda short i couldn't climb quickly the fence. " Come on Y/N" JJ said as I jumped and i fell into his arms. I mouthed a thank you to him and we all started running toward the van. "Come here you little pricks!" The cops yelled as we ran to the van. JJ jumped in the van helping me in and then Pope. "Check out Gary, runnin for a raise." Pope said as Gary started running after the van. "Come on, Gary!" JJ yelled and went to the door, hanging out. "Wait. Slow down." JJ said, laughing. "Your gonna give him a heart attack." Kie joked. "Your so close. You can do it. There you go." JJ said and threw the beer can at Gary. "They don't pay you enough bro." I told Gary as it flew over his head. "JJ, stop. Stop." Kie told him. "Oh come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." JJ replied. JJ sat back down next to me, Pope next to me on the other side and Kie in front with John B. We all talked as we drove home and JJ put his arm around me. I grabbed the joint that was in his mouth and i took a hit of it.