04. Sounds of Someday

Start from the beginning

"Sammy, please. Please," Dean said.

"Sam, please," Dylan begged.

Sam smirked. His eyes flashed to black. He cocked his head to the side. Dean and Dylan's necks snapped as they fell to the ground, dead.

SAM'S BEDROOM

Sam jolted awake. He breathed heavily as he sat up in bed. He looked around his room.

BUNKER - KITCHEN

Dean and Natalia were eating bacon. Dylan was feeding Joanna, who was more interested in playing with her food. Henry was sitting on Natalia's lap. Sam walked in.

"Morning," Dean and Natalia greeted.

"Morning, " Sam said. "Dylan, I don't think Joanna understands food."

Dylan glanced up at him and smiled. "She does. Playing's just more fun. Come on, little girl."

"Rough night?" Natalia asked.

"Yeah, just, uh... weird dreams," Sam replied.

"Yeah, been there," Dean said. "Why don't you eat something? You'll feel better."

"Dean, you know I don't eat –"

"It's veggie bacon."

"What?" Sam asked, looking to Natalia and Dylan who nodded.

"You've been asking for it."

"Yeah. But every time I ask for it, you say, and I'm quoting, "I don't want any of that hippie, Sarah McLaughlin grass-eater crap in the Meat Man's kitchen". Which, by the way, for what it's worth, you got to stop calling yourself "The Meat Man". It... it doesn't mean what you think it means."

Dean scoffed. "Yeah, it does. Anyway, it's not that bad. Give it a shot."

"I'm good."

"No, you're not. The past few days, you've barely come outta your room. Look, man, I get it, okay? With Jack... and Rowena... Rowena knew what she was getting herself into. She knew what needed to be done."

"Doesn't make it any easier."

"No, it doesn't." Dean looked at Sam and passed him the tablet. "Here. In the last month, Beaverdale, Iowa, has seen more than a half-dozen cattle mutilations."

"So, what, mountain lion, or..."

"Mm. Three days ago, a girl's body showed up... ripped to pieces. Now, local badges think they've got themselves a psycho on their hands, but I mean come on, man, that sounds exactly like our thing. So, let's go check it out."

"You know, Dean, you can handle this on your own, or... or call up some of the other hunters... I'm sure Dylan, maybe Nat would be willing to join."

"No, no. You, Nat, Dylan and me. Sam, we need this."

Dean patted Sam on the shoulder and walked out of the kitchen. Sam picked up a piece of bacon and bit into it as Dylan and Natalia looked expectantly.

He scrunched his face and spit it out. "That... that's real bacon, Dean. Nat, Dylan, you two should've told me!"

Dean appeared in the archway of the kitchen and pointed at him. "You're damn right it is." He pointed to himself. "Meat Man!" He walked away.

Natalia smirked and patted Sam's shoulder. "Dean's right. Real bacon is so much better."

"Stop siding with him," Sam retorted.

"Never."

Dylan looked between them. "Please don't make me break up a fight. Because I really don't want to. I'm using my effort to get my daughter to eat, and trying to stop your arguing is more effort than I can handle."