Chapter 4

Marinette

The next day, we toured Gotham Memorial. It's a dedication to Bruce's parents, and all the dead that were killed in wars. Damian couldn't join us, so I was left to Adrien, Alya, and Lilas clutches. I walked away with five new bruises and a cut on my arm. Luckily, I could wrap it and hid it in my long sleeve. But..... someone will notice eventually. We got all my stuff moved into my apartment. I've officially moved to Gotham. I was just about to leave with my friends, when there was a knock on the door. Puzzled, I looked from Kim to Chloé to Max. They shook their heads. So I opened the door.
"Hello, can I help you?" I asked the large man in front of me.
"Yes, since I'm the owner of the building I came to welcome you."
"You must be Bruce Wayne, I'm Marinette."
"The scholarship winner. Nicely done."
"Thanks you sir." I said with a smile. He gave me a small one and gestured behind him.
"These are my sons. Richard, Tim, Jason, and Damian."
I waved at them, but winked at Damian. He blushed slightly and looked away. So I invited them in.
"Marinette, you can't invite men over! What ever will Sabine say!"
I chuckled "Chloé, be nice." I turned towards Bruce and the others. "Sorry about her, we're working on manners." I smirked
She gasped dramatically. "How could you! I'll have you know, I have plenty of manners."
I stared her straight in the eye "Name on time you had manners, that's not in front of my parents."
She shook. Chloé shook then huffed. "Your mean."
"I love you too Queenie." Was all she said, before flopping down on my new couch.
"Marinette, why didn't you tell me you were moving here?" Damian asked, as he appeared
I smiled up at his and gave jazz hands "surprise!"
He chuckled lightly "it is a surprise. Good to know your not leave with the rest of your class does."
I shook my head "nope. I graduated early so I decided to move here while I'm out here. Ugh.... that took forever to say."
"Marinette, how much did you sleep last night?!" Mom asked and stomped over. He turned me, so I was facing him, then proceeded to cheek my eyes and face. "Flushed. almost dark circles..... three hours of sleep."
"It was two." I laughed. "But I'm fine. I had three cups of coffee and four cups of tea this morning."
I waved away their concern. Kim glared at me.
"Marinette, what did we talk about?"
I sighed like a kid and crossed my arm, and to make it better I kicked the floor. "To get more sleep so I can grow big and tall......but Kiiiimm, I'm not getting taller as it is so why would I need sleep."
"That doesn't mean you can't not sleep. Sleep is important."
I sighed and dramatically flopped on Damians shoulder. "Do not."
Damian wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my head. Kim didn't speak again.
"Ooohh, he's the one you went out with." Chloé said
"Of course Marinette ends up going out with a Wayne. Lilas going to lose it!" Kim cheered

Damian

She was even more beautiful than last night. When she opened the door, she was wearing a grey tank top with a black sports bra, and jeggings. She greeted father and winked at me. God what is wrong with me?!

"Lilas going to lose it!" The one called Kim said.
Marinette was currently leaning on me, and I couldn't help the feeling that it felt right. Right for her to be there.
"Marinette, you need to stay awake." I whispered to her.
"I know. I have commissions to do, and I have to record my new song for Uncle J."
No filter. Not good. I looked at Chloé and Kim, but Max was the one to step up.
"Marinette, SOMEONE BEAT YOUR HIGH SCHOR AT UMS3!!!"
She popped up. "No!!!! Max your my partner, we will regain first place!!!" She huffed then groaned. "Not again."
"Yeah, sorry Mari." Max said and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Alright MariBug, were going to train first then you can record your song." Chloé said and walked over.
That got Maris attention. She jumped up and looked Chloé in the eyes.
"You won't hold back?" She asked
"Of course not. But if you break my nail, I'll end you." Chloé replied
Train? What does she mean by-?
"Chloé come on. I brought my mats from home. Mama gave them to me as a gift last year."
Chloé gasped "Your mom gave them to you?!"
Mari nodded, and guided us to a room.
The room was big.
There were mats all over the floor. Chloé and Marinette disappeared, then reappeared in sports bras and workout pants. Her scares on full display. They squared off in the center, both locked eyes. Then hell broke loose.

Marinette

Taking a deep breath, I pounced.
I went up and aimed a kick at her head. Chloé sucked and grabbed my ankle, and slammed me to the ground.
"Your too tired. Quit trying to be something your not." Chloé said
"I'm not. I'm just trying to get by. Lila almost drove me to suicide.....I'm just surviving at this point." I swept her legs out from underneath her, "especially with Adrien."
"I know. I'm the one that caught you with the pills and the razor. I still hate myself for not seeing it in time."
She punched my arm, then my side. "It's not your fault Chloé.... you know why I don't sleep." I landed a few kicks and a punch to the side. I felt someone behind me, I backflipped behind them, and kicked them forward.
"Kim! I told you not to do that. I broke three of your ribs last time." I said
"I think you broke two more." Kim chuckled
"You remember the recipe?"
"Yeah."
"Good, now go away. Chloé and I are bonding. Plus, I'm so close to beating her-"
I knew Chloé would sneak up behind me. So I waited, then right when she pounced. I did.
Ducking down, and judo flipping her, she landed with a thud in front of me.
"Marinette, you piped your stitches again!" Max yelled
I looked around and sighed. I did. "It's not that bad, I'll fix it later. I have to go record Goodbye Earl." I hugged Chloé and skipped away.