Chapter 10: Birthday Bash

Start from the beginning

She looked down at it in wonder.

She had never worn any jewelry before so she felt rather blissful about it.

Alythia smiled at him sweetly and sincerely thanked him for the gift.

But just then the girl's face contorted as she felt a pang of guilt shoot through her heart.

She hadn't gotten him a present yet!! And his birthday was tomorrow!!! She's been wracking her brain for the past two week trying to think of something to get him.

'The Karnage family is low-key crazy stinking rich!! Karlyle can easily get anything that he wants himself, so what could I possibly give him that he doesn't already have??' or such had been her thoughts.

But just then a realization dawned; it's as if a marvelous idea – something inspired by the angels – was just conveniently placed within her lap.

'I could just ask him what her wants! I mean I'll have to give up the element of surprise but isn't that still better than giving him something he won't like?'

So with that genius idea in hand, Alythia bluntly asked Karlyle what present she should get him.

He gazed down in deep thought as a long silence spread through his room.

After about 5 minutes he finally responded with a single word.

"Nickname"

Alythia looked at him bewildered so he clarified.

"I want us to start using nicknames with one another, but it has to be special – in other words no one else apart from me is allowed to call you by it"

Alythia, who had now finally caught on, nodded her head in agreement.

"Okay... then Karlyle's nickname will be...... Kai" she said with a satisfied grin.

He smiled back at her.

"Tia"

Alythia giggled at how pleased the Dragon boy seemed with himself.

"Is there anything else you want though? She asked. "My present wasn't all that much, especially not if you compare it to a diamond necklace"

Karlyle stepped closer, cupping her left cheek with his right hand.

"Close your eyes one more time" he gently nudged.

Alythia obeyed but no sooner had her eyes shut than she felt something soft and moist press against her right cheek.

As her eyes opened, she stared at Karlyle thoughtfully for a brief moment before a loud gasp escaped her mouth.

"K-Kai.... w-what was that???"

"Hm? Oh, Tia doesn't know what a kiss is, then shall I demonstrate once more?" he playfully asked, while sporting a mischievous grin.

Alythia only stared at him – mouth agape but no words came out.

Karlyle looked at her in amusement before letting out a chuckle. He then slid down the hand that had cupped her cheek and gently turned her around, leading her out the door and into the hallway.