The News

(The song has nothing to do with the story but you can watch it if you want. Anyways back to the story)

Marinette's P. O. V

Maman sat me down on the couch in the living room while Papa went to go get some snacks. I was still curious as to what they wanted to talk to me about, and I had to admit, I was actually beginning to get nervous as well. I placed my hands on my laps and waited. Finally Papa came back holding a plate of cookies, and he sat down as well, placing the plate on the table.

"Marinette," Maman started, getting me to look over at her. "We should have told you this earlier, so forgive us for not doing so. When we heard about your class going to England, it just suddenly came to mind that we needed to let you know." Maman cleared her throat, while I just c
ntinued to look at her without words. "Marinette, you're the Princess of England, and your whole class is going to your Coronation!"

I gasped out loud, the news shocking me. I could just feel myself shaking, worried that they were just pulling my toes, but when I saw their serious face, I knew they weren't joking at all. To say that I was shocked was an understatement. I just had all these feelings bottled up inside of me mixed together: excitement, nervousness, shocked, and more. I looked at my parents once again, waiting for one of them to sike me out, but none did. "Oh my goodness, it's true!"

"Of course it is," Papa nodded.
I gave each of them a hug, feeling a little sad that they hadn't told me earlier. I mean, this was such a huge thing; I feel like a part of me have been taken away from me by them not telling me this, but I was glad I was informed anyway. After I was done hugging each of them, I just quickly scurried over to my room. I mean, you don't expect me to not tell my best friend right? I giggled to myself as I turned on my phone and proceeded to text Alya.

Marinette - hey girl, guess what?

Alya - I'm not really great at this guessing games, although that's embarrassing, because I should be.

Marinette - never mind. Just come over to my place with your luggage.

Alya - I'm still packing, but I'll get there as soon as possible.

Marinette - alright, see you then.

Alya - see ya.

~~

Alya's P. O. V

When Marinette texted me to come over, I wasn't sure to be excited or straight up nervous. I mean she just told me to guess what, and the Marinette I know was usually always so straight up with everything she told me. Just thinking about this made me pack even faster than I had been before, eager to get to her bakery and hear what she wanted to tell
I packed my last bag and headed out of my room, before telling my parents were I was heading to. My mom said she had be happy to give me a ride over to the bakery, which really brightened my day because I was carrying three bags and I was not planning on walking over to the bakery. I placed a kiss on Mom's cheeks, before following her out. I packed two of my big bags in the booth, and then held on to the smaller bag as I entered the car. The ride began, and all I did was stare out the window. Mom asked me a few questions like "where are you going? Are you excited or nervous?" which I answered honestly. She already knew about me going to England, which I'm sure you already know of.
We finally stopped in front of the bakery, and I thanked Mom again for the ride.

Mom helped me take my three bags inside of the bakery, which was really helpful because the two bags were quite heavy. She then waved me goodbye after greeting Marinette's parents. I said hello to the Dupain-Chengs as well, before they told me that Marinette was up in her room. I left my bags down stairs and climbed up the ladder to get to Marinette. Finally I opened the trapdoor and got myself up.