Phantom Traveler Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

“I listened to this and, well, it sounded like it was up your alley” Jerry said and puts a CD in a drive. “Normally I wouldn't have access to this, it's the cockpit voice recorder for United Britannia flight 2485. It was one of ours” Jerry said and played the recording “Mayday! Mayday! Repeat! This is United Britania 2485, immediate instruction help! United Britanis 2485, I copy your message, may be experiencing some mechanical failure” then there is a loud whooshing sound.

“Took off from here, crashed about two hundred miles south. Now, they're saying mechanical failure, cabin depressurized somehow, nobody knows why. Over a hundred people on board, only seven got out alive, pilot was one. His name is Chuck Lambert, he's a good friend of mine. Chuck is, uh, well, he's pretty broken up about it, like it was his fault” Jerry said. “You don't think it was” Shelby asked “no, I don't” “Jerry, we're gonna need passenger manifests, um, a list of survivors” Sam said.

“All right and, uh” Sam starts “any way we can take a look at the wreckage” Dean asked “the other stuff is no problem. But the wreckage...fellas, the NTSB has it locked down in an evidence warehouse. No way I've got that kind of clearance” Jerry said “don't worry about it” Shelby said as Sam looked at her.

Shelby

We head back on the road. Sam and I are waiting for Dean by the car outside a Copy Jack. Dean finally walks out “you've been in there forever” Sam said as Dean hold up three Ids. “Thank you” I say, taking the ID out of Deans hand “you can't rush perfection” Dean said “Homeland Security” Sam asks and takes one of the Ids. “That's pretty illegal, even for us” Sam said “that's why it's the best one, it's so illegal no one would try it” I said.

We get in the car “all right, so, what do you got” Dean asked “well, there's definitely EVP on the cockpit voice recorder” Sam said. “Yeah” Dean asks a bit surprised as I lean foreword “listen” Sam grabs his laptop and plays the tape, which has been edited to pull out a scratchy voice. “No survivors” the voice says “”no survivors" what's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors” Dean asked confused.

“Got me” Sam said “So, what are you thinking, a haunted flight” I asked “there's a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships, like phantom travelers. Or remember flight 401” Sam said “or flight 180” I said with a smirk and Dean and Sam looked at me confused. “Really, Final Destination, guy who see's everyone die and one by one they do” I said looking at them. “Wow you have no life” I say and sigh, shaking my head.

“With the other plain had the spirit of the pilot and copilot haunted those flights” “right” I said “maybe we got a similar deal” Sam said. “All right, so, survivors, which one do you want to talk to first” Dean asked. “Third on the list: Max Jaffey” Sam said checking the list “why him” Dean asked “well, for one, he's from around here and two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did” Sam said.

“What makes you say that” I asked “well, I spoke to his mother and she told me where to find him” Sam said. We drove over to the hospital and met with Max in the garden, we start to walk around while we talk. Max is walking with a cane between Sam and Dean while I stand next to Sam. “I don't understand, I already spoke with Homeland Security” Max said. “Right, some new information has come up so if you could just answer a couple questions” Dean said “just before the plane went down, did you notice anything, unusual” I asked?

“Like what” Max asked “strange lights, weird noises, voices” Sam said “no, nothing” “Mr. Jaffey, you checked yourself in here, right” Dean asks making Max nod. “Can I ask why” “I was a little stressed, I survived a plane crash” Max said. We sat down “uh huh and that's what terrified you, that's what you were afraid of” Dean asked not believing him. “I, I don't want to talk about this anymore” Max said “see, I think maybe you did see something up there. We need to know what” Dean said “no, I was... delusional, seeing things” Max said.

“He was seeing things” Dean said annoyed as he looked at Sam and I “it's okay. Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please” Sam said “there was this, man and, uh, he had these, eyes, these black eyes. And I saw him, or I thought I saw him” Max said confused as he spoke. “What” I asked “he opened the emergency exit, but that's, that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up, there's something like two tons of pressure on that door” Max said surprising us.

“Yeah” Dean said confused “this man, uh, did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly? It would look something like a mirage” Sam quickly asked making Max look at him. “What are you, nuts, he was a passenger, he was sitting right in front of me” Max said and we all looked at each other.