Dead In The Water Pt. 1

Mulai dari awal

“So no splashing, no signs of distress” Sam asked “no, that's what I'm telling you” “did you see any shadows in the water? Maybe some dark shape breach the surface” I asked “no, again, she was really far out there” Will said. “You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline” Dean asked? “No never, why, what do you think is out there” “we'll let you know as soon as we do” Dean said and me and him headed back to the car. “What about your father” Sam asked making us stop and turn around. “Can we talk to him” Sam asked?

Will turns to look at Bill, then turns back “look, if you don't mind, I mean... he didn't see anything and he's kind of been through a lot” Will said “we understand” Sam said with a nod and we all go back to the car and drove to the Police Station. Sheriff Jack Devins talks to us “now, I'm sorry, but why does the Wildlife Service care about an accidental drowning” Will asked, suspicious.

“You sure it's accidental, Will Carlton saw something grab his sister” Sam said “like what” Will asked. We walk into his office and he motions to chairs in front of his desk while I stand and lean on the wall since there isn't any room. “There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake, there's nothing even big enough to pull down a person, unless it was the Loch Ness Monster” Jake said.

We all laugh “yeah, right” Dean says making Sam glance at him. “Will Carlton was traumatized, and sometimes the mind plays tricks. Still we dragged that entire lake we even ran a sonar sweep, just to be sure, and there was nothing down there” Jake said. “That's weird, though, I mean, that's, that's the third missing body this year” Dean said leaning closer. “I know, these are people from my town, these are people I care about, anyway” Jake sighed “all this, it won't be a problem much longer” “what do you mean” I finally spoke.

“Well, the dam, of course” “of course, the dam, it's, uh, it sprung a leak” Dean said. “It's falling apart, and the feds won't give us the grant to repair it, so they've opened the spillway. In another six months, there won't be much of a lake. There won't be much of a town, either, but as Federal Wildlife, you already knew that” Jake said a little suspicious “exactly” Dean said. All of a sudden a young woman walks inside and stands at the door.

“Sorry, am I interrupting” the lady asks Sam and Dean stand up “I can come back later” “gentlemen, this is my daughter” Jake said. Do I look like a boy? “It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Dean” Dean shakes the girls hand “Andrea Barr, hi” “they're from the Wildlife Service, about the lake” “oh” Andrea said. A boy walks in around Andrea “oh, hey there, what's your name” the kid doesn't say anything and walks away with Andrea following. “His name is Lucas” “is he okay” I asked Jake “my grandson's been through a lot, we all have” Jack says and stands up and goes to the office door.

“Well, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know” we all leave Jakes office. “Thanks, you know, now that you mentioned it, could you point us in the direction of a reasonably priced motel” Dean asked making Andrea stands up “Lakefront Motel. Go around the corner, it's about two blocks south” she says. Dean starts talking to her while I kneel down next to Lucas.

“Hey Lucas” I said as he continues to draw “hey, want some chocolate” I asked reaching in my pocket and polling out a chocolate bar, that got his attention. I looked at Andrea “can he have this” “sure” she said. “Here you go” I said and he takes it “thank you” Lucas finally speaks “you are very welcome” I say with a smile and he looks at me. He smiles slightly that soon disappears and goes back to drawing.

“You want me to walk you two blocks” Andrea asks “not if it's any trouble” Dean said and I roll my eyes at him. “I'm headed that way anyway” Andrea says and says goodbye to Lucas. Dean waves to Jake “thanks again” Sam says “thanks” I say and we head out. Andrea leads us the street. “So, cute kid” Dean says “thanks” Andrea says “he seems to like you” she said pointing to me. “I'm good with kids” I say with a shrug as we cross the street.

“Kids are the best, huh” Andrea glances at Dean and ignores him. We stop in front of a building that says LAKEFRONT MOTEL. “There it is, like I said, two blocks” Andrea says “thanks” Sam and I say. Andrea looks at Dean “must be hard, with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line, enjoy your stay” she says and leaves. Sam and I smile “kids are the best, you don't even like kids” Sam says to Dean.

“I love kids” Dean says “name three children that you even know” I say to Dean. Deans thinks and comes up empty. “Shelby” Dean says and points to me “I'm in my 20

s Dean, doesn't count” I say to him. Dean thinks some more and I roll my eyes and Sam and I walk into the motel, Dean scratches his head “I'm thinking” Dean says and joins us.