In Which: (Y/N) Gets A Job

"Tooru! Tooru!"Oikawa woke up to an incredibly excited and energetic (Y/N) bouncing on his bed at exactly 2 in the afternoon.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)-chan?..."Oikawa sits up and answers groggily since he just woke up.
"I got a job!"(Y/N) grins raising up a flyer about a certain cafe and Oikawa's eyes widened as he internally prayed.

"(Y/N)-chan, I don't think you've forgotten but the last time you got a job, you broke 12,000 yen worth of plates."Oikawa says, in a matter of fact tone.

"This one's different! I heard my co-workers are a bunch of guys from the Volleyball Team at your university though? So I was kinda hoping you'd come along with me."(Y/N) sheepishly smiled as she scratched her cheek and looked away.

"You mean, that's why you woke me up?"Oikawa answered, his eyes going half lidded as he felt sleepy again.

"Yeah, I might get a bit awkward and shy around them. You know how I am with strangers."(Y/N) grins, Oikawa stared at her for a while.

"You'll do fine if it's those guys. I'm sleepy, I'll go check on you later okay?"Oikawa quickly pecks her forehead before falling back to sleep.

"Meanie,"She pouts and walks out huffing ever so softly at her boyfriend's lack of support.

-------

"Oh, (Y/N)-chan. You're here!"A tall messy bedheaded guy says as he sees (Y/N) approach the counter. "It's my first day after all, Kuroo-san!"(Y/N) cheers excitedly, as Kuroo stood beside her.

"Please, Tetsurou's fine. Or would you rather call me yours?"Kuroo smirks as (Y/N) laughs at him. "Never in your wildest dreams, Tetsu."She laughs and suddenly a familiar loud voice rings in the whole cafe.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! (Y/N)!!!!"A second later, (Y/N) found herself on the floor after being tackled by Bokuto to the ground.

"Oh, Koutarou! You work here too!?"(Y/N) grins as Bokuto helps her up after releasing her from his monstrous hug. "Kenma's here too."Kuroo shrugs pointing to the silent pudding hair boy sitting quietly in the corner playing his games.

"No way. Kenma? THAT Kenma is working?!"(Y/N) gasped dramatically as Kenma shot her a sarcastic look with a roll of his eye.

"I should be saying that. You, being the Queen of Clumsiness."Kuroo snorts at her. "You're mean."(Y/N) pouts, punching Kuroo's arm.

"Come here, I'll teach you what you have to do."Kuroo gestures to the counter and she obeys nodding as she walks to him. Kuroo immediately slung his arm around her.

"Weekends are the most stressful, so I suggest working on weekdays. You only have to take orders, take and give money."Kuroo says teaching her how to work the cashier. "The menu's right here, just write down anything they say and hand it over to Kenma over there and that's it."Kuroo clapped his hands as (Y/N) nodded along, internally memorizing what he said.

"It's pretty much basic."(Y/N) nods, with her hands on her hips, hapoily nodding to herself. "Pfft, I bet you she'll break a cup or two within an hour."Bokuto says, nudging Kuroo with his elbow.

"Hey! I'm not that clumsy!"(Y/N) whines at Bokuto. "Why didn't Oikawa come with you?"Kenma asked finally looking up from his game.

"Too lazy, I woke him up early to come with me but he rejected me."(Y/N) rolls her eyes.
"Aww, Poor thing~You've been abandoned by your boyfriend."Bokuto chuckled as he mockingly pats her head.

"Now get to work, we've got a long day ahead of us!" Kuroo says as he sees a few people enter the cafe. "Yup! I'll definitely do my best!"(Y/N) cheers and they all smile at the sight of her determined yet serious expression.

-------

"I'm so sorry."(Y/N) whimpers as she looks down, and bit her lip. "I can't belive it, how can you rip money? And accidentally spill the cup when you just have to slide it gently over the counter?"Kuroo looked astounded, speaking with disbelief lacing his voice.

"Ahahahahha! Didn't I tell you so? (Y/N)'s specialty is being clumsy!"Bokuto was laughing so hard he was crying.

"I'm seriously sorry. I'll definitely work twice as hard tomorrow, I swear!"(Y/N) says with a really really determined expression and Kuroo crossed his arms as if thinking deeply.

"Give her a break, it's her first day, and the customers loved her." Kenma says patting Kuroo's shoulder and he sighed.

"Alright, fine."Kuroo says as (Y/N) looked uo and grinned. "I love you, Tetsu! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"(Y/N) cheers as she quickly jumps up and gives him a huge hug leaving him a blushing mess.

"Just be grateful we didn't make her a waitress, she would've broken twice as many things."Kenma lowly comments and Kuroo sighs again as he imagined how the damage would be if that were the case.

"Oh, Oikawa?"Bokuto comments when Oikawa entered the cafe. "Hey guys, How's (Y/N) doing?"Oikawa chuckles as (Y/N) immediately came over to greet him.

"Bad,"Kuroo says bluntly. "She ripped a total of 700 yen."Kenma says, pointing to (Y/N) ith his thumb.

"Not bad for her first day, compared to her last job which was 12,000 this is better."Oikawa nods in agreement with a hand on his chin.

"Hey! What are you guys trying to say?!"(Y/N) huffed at them. "Nothing." The guys chorused and she glared at them.

--------

"(Y/N)-chan, Don't you have work?"Oikawa knocked on her door, he got a text from Kuroo saying that she was late, but after a few knocks no one responded. Oikawa sighs as he got the key to her door and carefully entered her apartment.

He found her on the study table, passed out, plenty of notes by her side about how not to ruin her job or how to do a better job. He slightly chuckles at her efforts of trying to at least work hard.

"(Y/N)-chan, It's time for work~"Oikawa lowly whispers in her ear, but she didn't move an inch, he pouted. She was definitely a heavy sleeper.

"Hey,"Oikawa whispers again this time he lightly blew on her ear. But she didn't wake up either.

"(Y/N)-chan!"Oikawa slightly yelled and shook her until she woke up yelling at him.

--------

"Really (Y/N) got a job that she doesn't suck at?!"Eli gasps talking to Oikawa. She was invited to the cafe that (Y/N) worked at along with Yuki and Kyoko. "Gee, If you told us sooner Oikawa, then maybe we'd be regulars here. I might've even found myself a boyfriend or two."Yuki says staring at Kuroo and Bokuto who were chatting with (Y/N) at the counter.

"There sure are plenty of hot guys here, (Y/N)'s so lucky, maybe I should start working here too!"Kyoko dreamily exclaims, her eyes stuck on the two guys.

"I seriously can't believe she's actually doing great!"Eli laughs, turning her attention to (Y/N). "I feel like a proud mother." Eli sighs happily, wiping a nonexistent tear from her eye.