CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
DARK OBJECTS

"Do it for you and not for them."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     Henrik had never been to the Salvatore School. By the time Hope was enrolled and started going since she was seven years old, the Hollow had already been split between himself and his siblings. He could have visited the school while Hope was on holiday with Hayley, but Henrik had never had a reason to. Still, he knew where it was, because it used to be the Salvatore Boarding House. That large house was gone now, and in its place was a large brick building with multiple floors and acres of land, all of which was surrounded by a tall black wrought-iron fence. That was to keep out the humans, but there was another barrier that was completely invisible to everyone but witches. Henrik sensed it even from inside his car as he followed the sweeping cement road up to the school gates. Coming to a halt in front of it, Henrik considered just busting the gates down himself.

Ultimately, he decided against it, just because he could see children playing out in the front yard. Some of them were using chalk to draw on the driveway, while others were splashing around in the fountain. A teacher was running over to get them out. Biting back a smile, Henrik rolled down his window and looked over the things waiting there for visitors. There was a button there attached to a speaker, and there was also a keypad. Henrik went for the keypad. Hayley had made every member of the Mikaelson family who didn't have a piece of the Hollow inside of them an emergency contact for Hope just in case something happened. Freya was the first go-to contact, but Francis was a close second, which meant he knew the passcode to the gate. It was the birthday of Caroline's daughters, Josie and Lizzie. Henrik typed it in, then sighed in relief when there was a beep and the gates started opening.

He followed the driveway until he came across a parking lot, and then he was sliding into the first open spot he could find. Jumping out of the car, he glanced over at a group of students working on an old jeep. Hope had sent him plenty pictures of what few friends she had, and MG was a face he was familiar with by that point. Seeing him handing another student a tool by the open hood of the jeep, Henrik started over.

"You're MG, right?" he asked, not bothering with politeness. He had something important to do, and the Salvatore School's estate was far too large for him to track Caroline down on his own. He didn't want to be there any longer than he had to. MG's head shot up at the sound of his name, and the student bent over the engine jumped so high that he accidentally knocked the large wooden board out of the way. It was the only thing keeping the hood up. Henrik, feeling a little bad about scaring them both, was quick to use his magic to keep the hood from falling on top of the student.

"Shit, man, you okay?" MG asked, rushing to steady the other student when he stumbled back. Henrik only realized a second later that he hadn't needed to stop the hood from falling. The two boys were vampires; if the student hadn't been fast enough, then MG would have caught it. Either way, Henrik walked closer and picked the wooden board off the ground. He secured it beneath the hood to hold it up, released it from his magic, then looked back at the two students.

"Do you know this guy?" the student asked, staring at Henrik warily. MG looked at him closely, then shook his head. The student turned his entire body toward him then, and Henrik's eyebrows rose in disbelief. He opened his mouth to get their attention, but it was too late. The other student was already starting in. "You're a nerd, so are you sure you haven't seen him at a Dungeons and Gargoyles thing?"