part 1

JOHN B WAS standing on top of the unfinished building, far from the deck. Olivia and the group watched him as he balanced with one foot.

"I'm calling it now. One in three chance of survival," Pope called to John B. He shrugged at the thought and wobbled on his foot. Pope, the smart one of the group, and there was no denying that. He was currently a finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst scholarship. He worked all his life for it.

"Don't even think about it, John B," Olivia called up to him.

"Should I do it?" John B replied, ignoring his friends' advice.

Olivia rolled her eyes, "Yeah you should, I'll shoot you while you fall," Pope answered, forming a gun and pointing it to John B.

"You gonna shoot me?" John B smirked, returning the gesture.

Just then, Kiara came out of the building complaining about the building and the environment. With her being the activist of the group, she pointed out the little things.

Olivia simply sipped on her can of beer and looked at the sun, "John B, while you're up there you might as well do a flip," Olivia shouted to him.

"In your dreams, Cameron," John B says as he flipped her off, she laughed.

"John B, you better not spill my beer. You ain't getting another one," JJ yelled to the boy. A few moments later, John B dropped the beer can, causing it to burst open, "Shit"

"You jinxed it, Maybank," Olivia smirked.

JJ smirked at her comment and began to scream at John B.

Olivia faintly heard a male voice, "Guys, scarcity here," Pope says, "Let's wrap it up"

"Look whos early today," JJ smirked as he grabbed Olivia's hand to pull her up. It was so fast that she dropped her beer, but she didn't care.

"Let's go, boys," Olivia smirked as she looked back, "Holy shit! Gary, is that you?"

"Hey, Gary! How's the family?" JJ shouted back as he and Olivia ran through the unfinished house. The group had split up into 4 directions with smiles never leaving their faces. The Pogues found this as a hobby, outrunning the cops.

"Get back here, kid!" Gray shouted as he stumbled to the floor, "They're coming your way!"

"Got him!" The other officer wrapped his arms around JJ, but he quickly slipped out of his grasp.

"Not much of a hugger man!" JJ says holding his hands up. He quickly saw Olivia laughing at him and smirked, grabbing onto her arm and running out of the building.

"Bus is leaving!" John B shouted as he looked at the two teens running to the van.

JJ quickly got Olivia into the van and jumped in after her, but didn't close the door, "What are you doing JJ?" Olivia asked.

"Having some more fun," He smirked, "Hand me a beer," Olivia grabbed a beer out of the cooler, her hands dripping with cold water after handing it to JJ.

"Here you go man, you deserve it," JJ says as he threw the beer can at Gray, surprisingly catching it.

"They don't pay you enough for this shit," Olivia says as she closed the door and sat in the back.

As the music was blaring out the speakers, they passed the Outer Banks sign, the happiest place on earth.

-

It was 12:30 pm when Olivia woke up. Hurricane Agatha kept her awake all night. She stayed in her bed for 5 more minutes then finally rolled out. She got dressed in her ripped denim shorts and her black bikini, pulled her hair back into a messy bun, and walked downstairs. As she was walking down, she passed her stepmother.

"Good morning, Rose," Olivia said.

"It's almost 1 pm, how long did you stay up last night?" Rose asked.

"Almost all night because of the storm" She replied,

"Whatever. Your dad is looking for you in the back" Rose says walking off.

Olivia sighs and walks outside to find her dad talking with Sarah and Lana Grubbs.

"You needed to talk, dad?" Olivia says walking up to him.

"Ah yes, sweetie. I know you were helping with Sarah and Scooter yesterday before the storm and we were just wondering if you knew where he went after." Ward Cameron says.

"No, I'm sorry. But is he ok?" Olivia asked.

"He's perfectly fine," He says calmly.

"Well I hate to go at this stressful moment, but I'm meeting with the Pogues right now" Olivia smiles. Ward didn't like his daughter with the Pogues, even if Kiara was with her.

"Stay safe!" Ward says as she walks away.

Once Olivia is out of sight of her family, she runs to the docks where they pick up Kiara.

"Kie!" Olivia screams to the girl holding the cooler.

"Took you forever, we would've left without you," She says.

"You would never," She laughed.

"Good morning, ladies," John B says as he stops by the dock.

"Morning, boys," Kiara says walking down the dock, Olivia following close.

"Whatcha got there?" JJ asked eyeing the cooler.

"Oh, just some carrot sticks, yogurt," Kie smiled.

Olivia rolled her eyes, "Just give me a beer and shut up,"

-

JJ was standing at the front of the boat while John B tried to stop him from doing his 'party trick'

"JJ, it never works and you know it," Olivia said as she got up from her spot so she didn't get beer in her hair.

"It's gonna work I promise," JJ said as he angled the beer to his mouth. As excepted, he missed his mouth and the beer flew into Kie's hair.

"JJ! It got in my hair!" Kie said as she got up and tried her best to get it out. John B and Olivia laughed at her.

"Alright that's enough," Pope said to the four. No one knew what he meant by that until the boat stopped quickly, making JJ fly forward into the water.

"JJ!" Olivia said quickly as she ran to the front of the boat, "Are you ok?"

JJ groaned, "I think my heels touched the back of my head,"

"You guys good?" John B asked as he looked at the girls.

"All good, no thanks to Pope," Kie said as she sent a glare to Pope.

"The channel changed," Pope shrugged.

JJ swam back to the side of the boat and looked up at his friends, "I saved my beer at least," He was too proud of himself.

"Congrats, JJ" John B mumbled. Olivia held her hand out for JJ to grab. JJ grabbed her hand, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Don't you dare, Maybank," But she was too late, JJ pulled her into the water. Luckily, she was only wearing her shorts and black bikini.

Olivia swam to the surface with a shocked expression on her face.

"Olivia? Is everything okay?" Kie asked as she looked at her best friend.

"I think I saw a boat down there," Olivia mumbled, but it was loud enough for her 4 friends to hear.