Chapter Three: Han Jing Take Off Your Clothes!

"Yeah, I do..."

How could someone like him look so grieved? It was unfair of him. Tugging her heartstrings right now—she felt a bit guilty. But if they were going along with his story, he really should be getting back to the moon.

"I'm sure she's looking for you then, so it's best not to fuss and head back, right?"

If he was just delusional then he could walk out of here if he wanted to—claim to head back to the moon. A happy ending for her.

"...I'm not really sure on how to get back." He scratched his head, robes swishing slightly as he did.

And then there was this case. Back to the drawing board for her.

"Um, are you mad?" He fidgeted, "I could try looking for a temple or sect to help me...I tend to forget how inappropriate it is to stay alone with a Young Miss like yourself after staying with Chang'e."

She considered his offer—he'd go out and she'd be free. Her earlier wishes could now be granted. But could she really do that to a person who thinks they're the moon bunny? Sect this and temple that—he wholeheartedly believed it.

"If not, maybe a mountain spirit? Or someone from the forest? Not really sure if there's a crane willing to fly me up." He continued.

She bit her lip.

His sleeves were falling again, she averted her gaze. He really needed a change set of clothes.

Did he not notice how inappropriate his clothes were on her poor heart? But why was she even worrying about that right now? Had she already—

Knock. Knock.

Who could that be again? 

Knock knock.

She didn't really want to open the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Coming!" She tossed a look at the man, whisper-shouting. "Hide!"

He froze like a deer caught in headlights. Shortly after he ran towards her bed, grabbing her blankets and burrowing himself in it. Chan Lee held back a sigh, why was she even trying?

She opened her door.

"So uh...my mom made me check on you," Han Jing pushed a container in her hands. "And she wanted to make sure you were eating."

Chan Lee stared at the clear container holding a serving Tangyuan, she felt her mouth water slightly. The glutinous rice balls were submerged in sweet ginger syrup. It was almost enough to make her forget the sticky situation she was in.

"Better wipe that drool,"

She looked up and frowned, "I wasn't drooling!"

"Yeah, right. Anyway, you don't seem to be shaken up or anything." He shrugged. "My mom was overreacting with the shockwave—I barely felt it."

Chan Lee stared at him for a moment... barely felt it? What was he? Some kind of superhuman? She fainted—although it could have been the effects of blinding light of the meteor. 

"I see..." She looked at him from head to toe, he was wearing a plain red shirt and cargo shorts.

He turned away and raised a hand, "Well, that's the only thing I came here for, I'm leaving—"

She grabbed the back of his shirt, "W-wait!"

Han Jing stopped but didn't look her way, "What else do you want?" He grumbled at her.

"Can you take off your clothes?"

He spun towards her, "What?!"

"Well that came out wrong—" she laughed and scratched her cheek. "Can I have your clothes?"