Normality

Amy!" Piper seems breathless and she runs up to her. Amy decided to grab a tea before rehearsal, and is pleasantly surprised to see her best friend.
"Hey, Piper." She smiles.
"I had the most magical, extraordinary first date, I-" Something must click in Piper's brain, because she pauses and frowns apologetically. "You don't want to hear about it."
"I'm your best friend. Of course I want to hear all about your first date." Truth be told, there are other subjects Amy would rather discuss, but she's so grateful that her and Piper's relationship has stumbled into the realm of normal, they could discuss how blue Finn's eyes were and she would just be happy to hang out with Piper. Piper gives her the loveliest smile and launches in to telling her about her date,
"James pretended he needed me as he was upset and wanted a day out together, but turns out, it was a plan to make the date more magical and more of a surprise. It was beautiful. Studio A had this old fashioned table and bookcase and candles and it was a Beauty and the Beast themed date! He even wore Prince clothes and helped my mum make 'grey stuff'."
Amy has to admit, it sounds amazing. "Wow. That sounds incredible."
"It was."
"What did you wear?"
"Riley gave me the most gorgeous blue dress…"
Amy feels like they will be closer than ever before soon, and that means everything to her.

"You learnt from the best." Henry says, as he hears about Finn's date, slightly fighting the urge to rugby tackle him.
"Yes!" Finn nods in agreement, "The king of grand gestures, bro."
"Piper would have loved that date. I would have loved that date." Ozzy remarks. Kingston rolls his eyes,
"Thanks, bro." He directs at Finn, "I might have to take Lily to a literal palace for our next date."
"Actually, your next date is a double." Finn retorts, and at seeing his confused expression, he adds, "Lily arranged it."
"And Piper agreed? To a double date?" Finn forgets how well Henry knows her. They've been dancing together for a few years now.
"I was surprised too." He replies.
"What's does she have against double dates?" Heath asks.
"People with anxiety aren't exactly good in social situations." Henry explains, but Finn gives him a look. That's not his explanation to give.
"Woah, get a room for this tension." Ozzy looks between Finn and Henry
"No tension here, bro." Finn puts his hands up.
"Yeah, I'm good." Henry states.
"Teas before rehearsal?" Kingston suggests.
"I'm in." Ozzy smiles at his friend.
"Sure, me too."
"No thanks, bro." Henry and Finn say at the exact same time. Great. Henry thought. Him and Finn. Alone. The other three boys head out and they are left in that exact situation.
"I'm sorry." Finn says truthfully.
"Not me you need to apologise to."
"I have apologised."
"Why did you do it?"
"I don't have an excuse. I was overwhelmed. In that single second, all of my feelings for Piper came rushing back and I didn't think."
"You decided to kiss her and you knew that would hurt them both. Hurt Amy."
"I can't turn back the clock. I really am sorry. I will be sorry every day."
"It's me." Henry starts, and Finn looks at him, clearly bewildered. "I'm more angry at me than you. I messed things up with Amy too. She doesn't deserve it."
"I know."
"I'm sorry, bro."
"Do you love Amy?"

"Just to be clear, our double date will be at a restaurant. Fancy, of course, but a restaurant. Not a fairy tale." Lily laughs. By the time rehearsal starts, all of the girls have heard about Piper's amazing date.
"Okay, that's cool." Kenzie had said, flicking her hair behind her shoulders.
"Sounds pretty romantic." Richelle had commented, sipping her tea.
"Beautiful." Is all Lily had gotten out.
They enter Studio A and spy Finn and Henry. Amy and Piper exchange a concerned look, but they aren't arguing, so that's good. Henry looks like he was about to say something, but cuts himself off as the girls enter.
"Hi." Finn's smiling when she turns to look at him. She turned because he's massaging her shoulders. It feels really nice, but she can't let that show.
"You're being very…public." She says pointedly.
"I'm great, how are you?" He jokes, but he releases her.
"The weekend," She whispers, "was perfect." He looks very pleased with himself. Ozzy coughs loudly.
"Piper, you do not know how to whisper. But from what I hear, your date sounds perfect to me too." Her cheeks burn. She'd liked sharing her story with her friends, but she didn't consider the fact that now the whole team knew about her private date.
"Do you guys have a ship name?" Kingston asks. Piper bites her lip, hard.
"Fiper?" Kenzie suggests. Piper thinks that sounds weird.
"What about Pinn?" Amy looks to her best friend supportively. Pinn. Huh. That didn't sound awful.
"I like it!" Lily nods in approval.
"Hey, it has a ring to it." Finn looks to her and she gives him to the smallest hint at a half-smile.
"Our troupe has two power couples," Ozzy acknowledges, "Care to make it three, Richelle?"
"In your dreams, Oswald." She replies bluntly, but she's grinning.
"Oh! Do you need some ice for that burn?" Heath smirks.

They start practicing some combos and the whole team seems to be in good spirits.

After rehearsal, Henry approaches Finn in the Next Steep.
"How did you know you loved Piper?" He shakes his head at Finn's instant lighting up at her name.
"I guess, hanging out with her was all I ever wanted to do. She always makes me laugh and when we dance together, I feel like we…fit."
"Like a jigsaw?"
"You could say that. I always want her to be happy. It's important to me."
"Hanging out with Amy, " He says what he's thinking out loud, "I know it's going to be a good day. An incredible day, even. She makes me laugh a lot. When I dance with her, I feel like I'm on a high. And yeah, I want her to be happy. Really happy."
"Well then, we're just two people in love, it seems."

Two people in love. It didn't discriminate.

A short chapter. I think this story may be ending soon, guys. But honestly, every single read, vote and comment has me so, SOOO grateful. Xx