Chapter 7: Officer McRuff

It was the opening night of the play. The Bunnys and the volunteers were adding the finishing touches. Mrs. Calico, an artist who had volunteered to help with the sets, was putting the final brush strokes on her masterpiece. Mrs. Stripes put the finishing stitches on the costumes, and the actors and actresses were double-checking their lines.

There was a sudden knock at the door.

"I'll get it!"Dakota offered. When she did, she found a police officer at the door. "Hello, officer McRuff," Dakota said cheerfully "Please come in." Officer McRuff had been helping the Bunny's investigate what had caused the fire in Dakota's room.

"Let's cut to the chase." Officer McRuff didn't like to beat around the bush. Everyone (except the volunteers) sat down. "Rember the last time I dropped, we discussed the possibility of someone sabotaging the lamp?" Everyone nodded. "Our investigators have reason to believe that someone is planning to sabotage the play." Everyone gasped. by now, the volunteers had gathered around and were listening intently, eager to hear what the officer had to say.  "Don't worry." he assured them "We have officers sounding the perimeter" Everyone let out a sigh of relief.