"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient White Oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael offered a glimpse of the vial which contained the White Oak ashes.

"A stake?" Klara asked, pointedly. "And, where exactly is that?"

"Not here," Mikael stated bluntly and dripped the end of the dagger into the ashes. "Knowing it's location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"Against you leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying." Mikael lifted the dagger from the White Oak ash and placed it into Elena's shaky palms. "So, it falls to you."

Elena's eyes widened incredulously. "You want me to actually dagger you?" She spoke hesitantly as if it were some sort of trick. 

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance—especially when it comes to trust."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara, Damon, and Elena were all in Damon's bedroom preparing weapons that they thought they made need in case something went wrong. Klara laid on Damon's bed, while Damon and Elena prepared the weapons. 

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us." Elena finally stated out of the silence, which caused Klara to look over at the brunette.

"She's got a point." Klara nodded in agreement with Elena.

"Oh really, cause these Original vampires are usually so reliable." Damon rolled his eyes almost as if he already knew that trusting Rebekah was a false starter.

"Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now but he is her brother."

"Her lying, mama-killing, dagger-happy brother." Damon chuckled to himself and then he turned to Elena. "Wolfsbane is ready."

Elena let yet another defeated sigh escape her lips. "There are too many things that can go wrong with this plan. Too many people that can make it go wrong."

"Well, it's funny you should say that, actually. Because Damon and I have come up with our own plan, should this one go South." Klara joined the pair in the bathroom and glanced over Elena's shoulder at the wolfsbane grenades.

"Really? What is it?" Elena asked with wide eyes.

"Well, if we told you, then it wouldn't be a secret." Damon let his eyes fall on the doppelganger, who immediately narrowed her gaze at him and then turned to the blonde, who shrugged.

A soon as they had finished their conversation, Stefan had stepped into Damon's bedroom and leaned around into the bathroom. "I need to borrow a tie."

"You have your own ties." Damon rolled his eyes and didn't even bother to look up from his current task.

"Hm, I'm one-hundred and sixty-two years old and I'm going to a Homecoming Dance. I need better ties."

"Remind me again why you're even coming?" Klara looked back at her best friend with a tilted head and a look in her eyes. "It's not like you're squarely on team-us, is it?"

"I'm compelled to protect Elena." Stefan looked between both females and then his eyes fell on Elena. "And if I look at your track record at high school dances, it's pretty tragic. My luck you'll go ahead and get yourself murdered by the Homecoming Queen. And, Klara will just get herself murdered... again." His eyes then fell on the wolfsbane grenades that were on the bathroom counter. "Ah, please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfsbane grenades?"