"Jesus, someone go kidnap Sasuke now, drag his ass back here and get him to marry you because it's never gonna come from him."

"Well doesn't matter. When he left I told him that I won't be here when he comes back."

"No, no, no you built it up with that long story. I expected you to tell me that you'd never give up on your love, that you'll run after him... I don't know something we see in books. Sakura, sorry to break it you but you spent years trying to get over him and back then you didn't even have a chance and you knew it. Today you know his feelings and you try to get over it? I don't buy it."

"You were the one telling me to move on!"

"Yeah because I thought that he didn't care about you but I'll admit, I was wrong. Don't give up now."

"I owe it to myself. I owe it to the girl who decided to become strong and independent."

"Oh stop it. In that case you owe it to the girl who fought for him with all the strength she had. Don't turn all these years into a waste of time. Go after your man."

"No, he had his chance."

"Did he even know that you still had feelings? You know you have to spill things out for him, he's emotionally numb like Sai."

Sakura put her head down. No, he didn't know that she loved him, not up until he left actually.

"Well now get your act together, tell him you like him and bring him back here."

"Ino... I really want to try to move on. He had his chance for years, I can't spend all my nights looking at the wall. I managed like this once but I can't do it twice. I just can't. "

Her friend looked at her with her big blue eyes.

"Very well then. Tonight were going out with Sai and a lovely man who works in the hospital and likes you very much. Ichiraku, 8 pm, don't be late."

Sakura watched her walk away. Was it really a good idea? She looked at the time and realised that it was already 3pm. Well, she asked for it so she had to deal with that decision now.

-----------------------------------------——————

Sasuke sat down against a tree still thinking about the dream that he had the other night. It had been nine days since the conversation he had with Naruto and Sakura. Every time he tried to forget it, it came back in his mind haunting him. Why could he not do what he did when he was younger? Just push things inside and forget about them.

"The life that I want if that means I get to have it with you." he whispered. That sentence was going on and on and on in his mind, he couldn't stop it. He couldn't push his feelings away anymore, it wasn't like back then when he wasn't seeing her. Today he knew her, he got used to be with her. He saw her hair flying in the wind, he was used to feel her presence by his side, he got used to the sound of her voice, the sound of her laugh. These past nights he realised that he had no reason to stay awake because he didn't have to protect someone anymore but was still doing it.

About three days ago, he understood that he was missing her. He had started to be mad at himself for the way he had pushed her away. He wanted her by his side. "Focus. She can't be around anymore and you made it very clear to her."

He realised that he was thinking about her again. If only he could turn off his brain and make it silent he would. He pushed her out of his mind but she automatically came back. "That's it," he stood up. "I'm going back to Konoha."

Redemption |complete| (SasuSaku)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें