Decision

I never meant to leave her like that. I had never meant to leave Bella again. But I knew that the dangers of my world would be far to great for her. Especially if I wanted to keep her as a human. So I had no other choice. As a human, Bella would have never survived. And the more I thought about her near death experiences because of me and my family being what we are, I couldn't risk her losing her life over it.

It took me nearly a month or two after the battle between Victoria, her new borns, the wolves, and my family before I could think of any possible solution. And finally, the one that made the most sense to me, though it would be breaking my promise was leaving again. And this time, no matter what happened to not come back.

What had honestly helped me make my decision was thinking back to the trouble that Bella had gotten into because she was with me. How many near death experiences. The other thing that helped me make the decision that leaving was best was I could see that she loved Jacob too. That she wanted to be with me and him both so badly and it was killing her to truly make a decision, and so I would be making it for her.

By now, I had come to know Bella's childhood friend fairly well. He was nearly around all the time because I promised her that I would behave and get along with him. And I couldn't hurt him because I knew that she loved him too. So I was caught.

But also, knowing Jacob Black so well.. It made my choice of leaving easier. He had been there once when I had left and been able to help her. And so I knew that if he could do it once, then he would be more than able of being able to help her through the pain and heartache again. And seeing them as close as they were, I knew it would be the best decsion I could make because I wanted Bella to live a normal and happy life and I knew that no one but Jacob could provide that for her because he loved her just as much as I did.