"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." Klaus remarked in a grave voice as his face hardened into a no nonsense mask of impatience and you couldn't deny the underlying bitterness in his voice directed at the self-proclaimed king.

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realised that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

Imogen glanced down at the Original brother's with a raised eyebrow as they shared a concerned look and she pushed herself off of the metal railing as she started to walk backwards without looking away from Elijah and Klaus.

"Listen, why don't you go wait in the backyard? I'll help you find your runaway." Marcel told the older vampires as he held his hands up in mock surrender with a smirk on his lips and Elijah stared at him impassively as he evaluated whether or not to trust the self-proclaimed king to help retrieve Hayley. After a tense moment of silence, where all the vampires stared at each other gauging the other's intent, the older Mikaelson brother grabbed Klaus' elbow and started guiding his brother outside the courtyard.

Marcel sighed in exasperation at the drama brought forth by the Original family as he watched the brothers disappear into the backyard before he turned towards the brunette witch next to him and gently placed a hand on her elbow to gain her attention as he stepped closer to her side. "Hey, can you give me a hand?"

"Sure. You want me to do a located spell for Little Bo Peep's little lost lamb?" Imogen asked him with a small smirk on her lips as she quirked an eyebrow at him and tilted her head to the side curiously as she let him guide her towards the main set of stairs.

Elijah watched through narrowed oak brown eyes as the dark skinned vampire steered the young witch away from the courtyard and pursed his lips together as annoyance bubbled in his stomach but he shook his head at the irrational thoughts floating through his mind. He had no claim to the brunette in question but something about the way Marcel casually touched her with a comfortable familiarity irked him in a way he couldn't begin to explain even to himself. Of course Imogen was beautiful with her wavy brunette hair, bluish eyes framed with long lashes and unblemished tan skin, except for the fascinating tattoos that had been inked onto her body. There was a part of him that wished he could be the one who touched her delicate skin with such ease but he quickly squashed those thoughts before they could take hold in his mind and focused on the task at hand because he refused to be distracted from his family by another gorgeous brunette.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah asked his brother lightly as he sat down elegantly in one of the metal garden chairs next to a small table on the back patio and glanced over at the small crowd of vampires watching them discreetly from the doorway back inside.

"You do realize they can hear you?" Klaus asked him in amusement with a slight genuine smile as he followed his older brother's gaze towards the vampires and Elijah looked over at him with a small upturn of his lips as he quirked an eyebrow dismissively.

"You do realize I don't care?"

Marcel strolled out of the open double doors of the patio with a small group of vampires behind him as he took in the scene in front of him and he instinctively tightened his protective hold on Imogen's hand as he lead her towards the Original brother's. "You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box."

Elijah turned his head towards the sound of Marcel's voice as he flashed him a tight smile but his oak brown eyes were instantly drawn to the dark skinned vampire's side where his hands was clasped together was Imogen's and he internally scolded himself for the absurd flair of jealousy he felt spike.