Kalim Al-Asim x Reader - Marching

You were currently inside Scarabia talking with Kalim as you were waiting for the food that Jamil had made. You sat on the soft carpet with decorative pillows decorating the perimeter. This placed seemed really fancy and you didn't know how to act. Grim sat next to you with the same confused expression. But his expression lit up when he smelled the scent of spices waft from the kitchen. You had no idea how you agreed to come here. You were in the cafeteria to stock fresh fire wood for the fairy, which led you to find Jamil in the kitchen. Then before you knew it, you had agreed to join them for lunch.

Jamil had finally brought out the food. The scent of spices spread the the room and your mouth couldn't help but water. The large assortment of dishes were served on silver platters, and you didn't know where to start. You were quite overwhelmed. Kalim saw your flustered face and laughed in response. He took a cracker and layered it with different toppings. He then turn to you and brought the cracker to your mouth.

"Y/N try this!" He said with his cheery expression. You look back at him with a red face, then slowly opened your mouth. He placed the cracker in your mouth, then you began to chew. Your eyes lit up as you tasted the different flavors and textures.

"Woah this is really good! I never had anything like this." You respond as you continue eat with delight.

"I'm glad you like it! All of these are traditional dishes from the Land of the Hot Sands! I'll get you more food to try!" He said as he began to fill a plate with different dishes. You started to worry since he piled the plate high. You couldn't possibly finish it all. You look back to Kalim as he started to stuff Grim's face with crackers. All of the food tasted amazing, and you tried your best to finish your plate. You saw grim next to you laying on his back and rubbing his stuffed belly.

"Nngghh, I'm so full." He whined as he struggled to sit up. 

"But we haven't even had dessert yet! We have some really good ice cream! Or would you want some fruit? We even got roasted pistachios and almonds. I can have Jamil bring them." Kalim said with a smile. You and Grim looked back at him with shock. You didn't know how much he could still eat. 

"Ffga! No thanks. I really can't eat anymore!" Grim said.

"I'm really full Kalim, but thanks for offering." You said as you looked back at him. Kalim looked back at you with a slight frown.

"I see, it's all really good so I wanted you guys to try them too." He said with a sigh. "We'll be here all of winter vacation so you can come over for food whenever you want! Right Jamil!"

"Yeah anytime." Jamil said as he smiled he took your plate.

You continued to talk with Kalim about anything really. He was really fun to be around, and you could see that he has such a bright atmosphere around him. You asked him why they were still here instead of going on leave for break. He told you that Sacarbia had the lowest ranking during the magift tournament and in final exams. So they are staying here to train. You felt sympathy for everyone, giving up their break to train. But you also felt a bit sad that you won't be able to talk with Kalim more. He saw your face slightly frown and began to worry.

"Y/N are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" He asked with worry.

"No don't worry you didn't!" You said as your cheeks began to redden. " I just felt sorry for everyone that they have to stay to practice. Also I won't be able to talk with you as much since you will be busy training." Kalim's eyes widened and his cheeks turned red as well. He suddenly stood up and looked towards Jamil.

"Alright! Jamil, I've made up my mind. We have to let everyone gave some time off. Let's send them home tomorrow."

"Eh!?"Jamil said with shock and confusion.