Prologue

Sakazuki stalked through the halls with a purpose.  Ever since he'd beaten Kuzan at Punk Hazard, he'd been confined to bed-rest to heal from the wounds - the ice man hadn't gone down easy, but it had to be done for the navy's future.

Despite the scarring, and despite that his right ear was half gone, it was entirely worth becoming the Fleet Admiral.  For one, he could command all the marines in headquarters - he was second to none but the Celestial Dragons and their dogs.  He also had recently appointed two new Admirals - Issho and Ryokugyo, both strong candidates.

And he also had access to a wealth of information.  

Which found him at a small base in the corner of the North Blue.  The hallways were empty, and when they weren't, the present marines snapped a salute and practically fled.  Sakazuki sneered.  Marines needed more of a backbone to face the dangers of today.

He stopped in front of a door and stepped inside.  Instantly, he was hit by a sudden coolness - the air glittered with frost inside the room which made him frown more.  The only way the room could've been so cold was Kuzan's ice powers - that, or Vegapunk did something.

In the middle of the room was a block of ice.  Coming closer to it, he could see a man inside it.  Blond hair, tattoos on his face, a giant feather coat, and a dress shirt covered in hearts that was covered in blood.  The man also had to be about nine feet tall.  The file he'd read had been correct - Sengoku was hiding Donquiote Rosinante from the entire navy.

Back when he'd learned of Rosinante's existence, he'd ordered CP9 to dig up information for him, going so far as to even offer two of them a promotion to CP0.  Not that he thought they really deserved it - they'd been beaten by the scum of the earth, also known as Monkey D. Dragon's son, a villain in his own right.

Apparently Rosinante, on top of being an exiled Celestial Dragon, was also the brother to Doflamingo.  And even more surprising, he had another connection to the newest warlord as well - Trafalgar Law, an upstart brat who definitely had ulterior motives for joining.  

Donquixote Rosinante might be exactly what he needed to put a leash on two dogs of the government.

A team of white coated doctors were huddled in the room as well - the same ones who had treated him.  After all, Sakazuki couldn't have Rosinante dying on him as soon as he got out of his ice box, now could he?

He placed a hand onto the ice block.  "As soon as he emerges," Sakazuki ordered, glaring at the doctors.  "Stabilize him immediately."

They all nodded and the head doctor said, "Yes, sir!"

Needing no more confirmation, he willed his hand to become hot.  Within a minute, the ice block was nothing more than a puddle of water on the floor.  The doctors were already working on Rosinante as Sakazuki stood behind them, watching every move.

Medical supplies were spread out on mats in the floor, and doctors rushed in and out of the room.  Finally, the doctors sat back, tools dropping back onto the mats, as well as a multitude of bullets.

"He's stable," one of the doctors breathed.  "The man will live, he just needs bed-rest."

Sakazuki nodded.  "Take him to the medical bay.  As soon as he awakens, we will proceed to headquarters."

The doctors loaded the man onto a stretcher and carefully carried him out.

Sakazuki remained for a moment more, almost smiling grimly.  Finally, he'd get Doflamingo to heel, and shock Trafalgar into submission.

For if they stepped out of line even once, Sakazuki wouldn't even hesitate to execute the man he'd just saved.