chapter 5 : what is love ?

Dio, in the middle of the night, was thinking to himself "who do she think she is ?! Coming to me like I was her friend...so that's why Jonathan was late these past few days...a women, of course. Obviously, it was because of a women. I can't let that happened. I can't let love being in our way."

The next morning, like everyday, Jonathan was about to go wake up his master. But Dio was not in his bed. He was not in his room at all. Jonathan, panicking, let his duties aside and have start searching everywhere on the house. He was definitly not here anymore. Jonathan then, have decided to search outside.
Not in the garden.
Not close of the river.
Not in the little park no longer away from the house.
Not in the forest.
He was about to cry. He needed to find him before his father known. He don't wanted to look like a bad butler or worse, be fired.
The only place he didn't look was the little village where Erina live. So he was going for it.

Once he was at the little village; he was searching everywhere for his little master but he was nowhere to he found. Desperate, he decided to ask the people there if they saw the little blond man. And surprisingly, one if them had saw him, close of Erina's home. He was more and more worried, running at his friend's house that the man indicated him.

Once in front of the door, he wanted to put his hand on it, but the door was open. He decided then to enter, hearing noises no longer away, in an another room. Then...

Dio. Erina.

Erina was on the floor, her dress torn up by the knife Dio had on his hand.

"ERINA !!" Jonathan was running to Erina, wanting to take her on his arms, but she pushed him away. "Get out...both of you...GET OUT OF MY HOUSE !!" her face was torn up by her tears and by her angriness. Jonathan was shocked. Why ? Why Dio did that ? He was silent like a tomb.
"We're going." Dio was walking in the direction of the entrance door, but Jonathan stayed still. "Jonathan, we're going !!" Said then Dio, angry. Suddenly, Jonathan turned away to face Dio.

*slap*. The sound was reasoning in the house so loudly. Wathever he was his master, a innocent child, for Jonathan...this was too far going. Dio was has silent as him, a tears on his cheek by the pain. "How...HOW CAN YOU DARE ?!!" screamed Dio, running away from the house. Erina was watching in silence, waiting the two mans to be gone. Jonathan turned away for looking eye to eye Erina, and then turned away, following Dio outside, with a sad face.

"Dio !!" Screamed Jonathan. Him who was searching him and had finally found him, he dissapeared again. After that anyway, for have hurting Dio, he would be surely fired. Maybe it was time for him to finally leave Dio alone. Jonathan went out of the village, for going to the path leading to the exit of the domain. For finally, tired, lying down on the grass. He was watching the clouds passing by on the sky, looking for an answer. What Dio was searching by doing all this ? Glory? Satisfaction ? ....

Dio was now in his room. "How can he dare touch me that way ? How can he dare hurt me ?!" Was he thinking. He was hurt. He had pain. But not on his cheek anymore. An another pain was more stronger. In the heart. His heart was cracked. Why Jonathan wasn't satisfied with only him by his side? Why having friends? Why having a girlfriend? He was there by his side and that's all that needed to matter to him. Why do his eyes was not and only for him, like a butler should be? Why was he so sentimental about it ? He didn't know. He actually dont wanted answer. He wanted him and only him. But where was he now....?

Jonathan opened finally his eyes. Where was he ? Ha yes. Always on this grass. The sun was now replaced by the moonlight. Not a single clouds at the horizon. Only little stars that was shining all over the sky.

...

What was he doing? Abandoned his little master for a women ? Of course not. He hadn't the right to do that. Neither hurt him. Why he was there then? Was he hurt too ? He wasn't sure. Wasnt sure ? No... of course he was hurt. By just nothing and everything. By the world and his fate himself. But he hadn't the right to complain. He was the butler of the Joestar child now.

Entering on the house, it was strangely quiet. After all, it was probably late. Dio was probably to bed already. Ha; he hadn't put him to bed... what a bad butler he was. He was feeling awkward, but decided to go see his master in his room. Barely had he opened the door that Dio ran on his arms. "WHERE WERE YOU INCOMPETENT BUTLER ?!" Was he crying. "I'm sorry master...I'm so sorry....maybe I'm not welcome anymore in this house...."  Jonathan was looking at Dio with sadness.
"You idiot. I didn't said to my father what happened. Because I don't want to lose you...no one else can be my butler." The face of Jonathan was rising with hope again. "You...forgive me ?"
"Of course not. But I will pass for this time only."
"Thank you so much...master." he was smiling at his little master. He wanted to take him on his arms as well, but hadn't the right to. Suddenly, Dio took the head of his butler with his hands, for putting deliquately his lips on his for a little, innocent kiss.
"Never run away again. Wathever I do or you do. Understood ?"
".....yes, master. Never again."