chapter 3 : The danger is home

The days was passing, and Jonathan was more and more close to Dio. He was now always his side. He wakes him up, while Dio have class with Joestar, he go outside buying some things or bringing food to Danny, then comes the night where they eat together, bath together, and then Jonathan get to bed the young master. That was all of his journey. Until one day.

Jonathan was going to the market buying some ingredients for the kitchen. But some people, that were not really rich, came to him.
"Hey, where are you going like that ?" Said one.They was five.
"You seems like you have money if I'm referring to how you're dressed..." said another one.
"Please let me go. I don't have the time for you, I need to be at home at time." Respond coldly Jonathan. He was not scared at all, due to his height and force.
"HEY ! Don't go away when someone talk to you ! Did you not learned that ?" He said again to Jonathan.
"Leave him alone!" Suddenly said a women's voice. Jonathan look at her direction. It was a blonde hair women, pretty little compared to him, but had a beautiful face with beautiful blue eyes.
"Ho no, it's Erina again, run !" The five boys run away without turning back.
"I'm sorry if they did annoyed you, they just try to catch money when they can..." said the women, who her name was apparently Erina.
"Well, thank you...Erina, is it ? Who seems to scared them." Said Jonathan to her with a smile.
"It's not the first time I spot them doing such things. And they can't beat a women. So they run away when they see I will beat them if necessary." Said Erina, laughing.
"At least they have principles...alright, I really need to go now, I'm sorry. I hope I will see you more!"

Jonathan knew that something was weird. Normally, Danny was always following him while going back to home. But he was nowhere to be found. "Danny...?" Said Jonathan not too loud. The air was calm, and the sun was almost down. Once at home...the eyes of Jonathan were crying. The first thing he saw on the corridor...was not human. It was something black, burned, with four legs. He was so shocked that his brain wasn't able to know what it was.
"You're late again." Said Dio.
"Can you tell me what is that ?" Continued Dio.
"..." Suddenly, the brain of Jonathan was focusing the thing. Four legs...it was then a burned animal...
"No...it can't be..." said instinctively Jonathan.
"I've ask of you to tell me what is it !!" Said Dio with impatience. Jonathan fell on his knees, the tears flowing on his face.
"Why...why master ?"
"Because he was in your way. And if he is in your way, it's in my way too. Because of this creature, you was always late. And weirdly, it's always when you was late some food was disappearing in the kitchen. I'm not a fool, Jojo. All that for a dog. Sadly...I hate dogs." Dio was smiling. A smile that Jonathan wasn't supporting.
"You...it's such a cruel act...how can you..." Jonathan stood up and face Dio. "How can you do that to a poor animal?! If someone needed to be punish, it was me not him !! Danny was a good dog !! He just wanted the attention of someone because he was alone!!" Jonathan said angrily.
"So it was a errand dog and you touch him ?! I don't want such infection in here." Dio said calmly. The calm voice of Dio was putting Jonathan out of him.
"INFECTION ?!"
"How dare you screaming at me ?! Shut it and be grateful I didn't tortured him for my pleasure! But you're right...I need to punish you as well. Since your all gross from this dog...we will wash you."

Jonathan was shutting his mouth, his tears always on his face. He was following Dio in the bathroom.
"Don't look at me like that, I will not clean you, I'm not your dog. Clean yourself." Jonathan takes off his clothes, while Dio was just watching. He took a bucket of water, and start washing himself, in silence.
"I can finally see them...you was right. They're worse than mine. But it's proving me you did your best for protecting me." Finally Said Dio.
"Maybe it was a mistake..." said quietly Jonathan.
"What did you say ?" Respond Dio, with angriness.
"You're not better than your father !" Said Jonathan, facing Dio.
"Stop calling him my father !!!" Dio suddenly out of nowhere, took his whip he did ask Jonathan to buy a long time ago, and gave him a blow with it. Jonathan, by surprise, uttered a little scream of pain.
"How can you say that about me ?! I found you very disrespectful !! Don't forget the third rule...you are NOTHING without me. And what did happened to this dog was YOUR fault for disobeyed me !" Jonathan was not responding. Dio dropped the whip on the floor.
"I don't want to hurt you. I don't want it to be something I would utilised. But sadly it was my only way to makes you understand how it works...maybe you're right. I'm becoming instinctively like my father...but I'm sure you can help me to change this trait of me...if you believe in me, Jojo." Dio was almost crying. He was realizing what he was doing. Beating Jonathan with a whip. It was not him. It was not how he wanted to act. But at the same time...what he was able to do facing this giant of a butler?
"Why...are you so scared to lose me, master ?" Said Jonathan after a silence. "Are you really caring for me ? Or it's because you understand that without me...you are alone ?" Dio wasn't knowing what to respond. He was almost crying but didn't wanted to in front of Jonathan. Jonathan walked to him, and took him in his arms, even if he was wet and without clothes.
"Wathever if it's the reason one or the second...understand that I will never leave you, wathever happened. I will always do my best for you...and if you trust me as well, I will also help you to become a better person, Dio."
"You have a star...on your left shoulder...I didn't know that" Said Dio, looking at his shoulder while Jonathan was hugging him. He stood up.
"I have him since I'm a little boy...I don't know what it means but...I feel like it's important sometimes. It's reminding me I have maybe parents somewhere in this world...with the same star."
"Don't think about that. Your only family is me now."
"Not only now. You was always my family, master. That's why I will never leave you."

"Jojo...can you stay ?" Said Dio before Jonathan closed the door of the bedroom.
"You...want me to stay by your side till you fall asleep ?" Respond Jonathan, facing again Dio.
"Don't get wrong ideas...I just...need you tonight..." said Dio, blushing on his pillow.
"That's alright, master." Jonathan put a chair close to the bed, and sit on it. He took the little hand of Dio with his hand, while Dio is closing his eyes.
"Goodnight...Dio."