five.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。
CHAPTER FIVE.
(WON'T TELL?)
(NOT A SOUL.)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"IS THAT..." ISLA TRAILED OFF, her eyes growing wide at the sight of the wreckage sunken into the sand.

"It's a Grady White," JJ finished, splashing through the water to get a better look. "Get your asses in the water!" He yelled to his friends back on the HMS Pogue.

Isla took a dive, ignoring the chilly water on her sweaty skin as she swam towards her friend. John B, Kie, and Pope followed shortly after, diving down to inspect the wreck.

JJ was right. It was a Grady White. Tangled in the weeds and sand of the bottom of the marsh.

"Holy shit!" JJ exclaimed, bursting through the surface. "A new Grady White is like 500 G's, easily."

Isla pushed herself through the water, ignoring the stinging in her eyes. The adrenaline pumped through her body at an unnatural speed as she pulled herself back into the boat. She looked as the rest of her friends did the same.

"That's a primo rig!" Isla said, brushing her wet mop of hair behind her face. She wiped the saltwater from her eyes and shared an excited look with the pogues.

"Yeah, that's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge," John B responded, recognition flashing across his face. "Maybe it hit the jetty or something." Kiara's expression contorted into annoyance as she heard John.

"You surfed the surge?" She questioned through heavy breaths. JJ and John B shared a look before his friend high-fived him. "That's my boy. Pogue style."

"That was beyond dangerous, John!" Kiara scolded, peering over at the boy. Isla stood beside Kie, her pointed gaze matching perfectly with hers. "That's what I tried telling him, Kie. But he wouldn't listen."

Kiara scoffed, turning to the blonde. "Boys." They both said simultaneously, with the same unhappy scowl.

Pope stood up from the wheel, walking towards his friends. "Wait, guys," he said, "do we know whose boat that is?"

"No," John B said with a mischievous smile. His eyes met Pope's as he dipped down to the floorboard. "But we're about to find out." As he searched for something below the deck, JJ shrugged the thought off. "Dude, it's too deep." He tried to reason, which slightly surprised Isla.

"Oh, for the weak and feeble, JJ." John argued, making his friends groan.

JJ peered down at his friend before looking back to Isla. "Well," he shrugged, "in not resuscitating you. Just makin' that's clear up front. Maybe Isla can, Y'know—" an elbow to the rib sent by the girl shut him up. JJ raised his arms in defense, a sly smirk on his face.