Inevitable Part 24

He waited for her call more eagerly that day than ever. He finished his dinner, and looked at his watch, it was 8 PM which means it was already past midnight in Australia.. why hasn't she called yet.. He was about to drop her a message when her name popped up on his screen.. He picked up immediately, a smile spreading on his face.

As soon as the phone connected though, instead of a Hello or Hi, he just got a laughter and some music at the other end..

"Hello??? Sanaa?? "

"Oyy sun.. ekk min ruk.. " he heard the background noise subside a little as she probably moved away from wherever she was...

"kaha hai tu baby? Tu hotel nahi gayi abhi tak?" he asked worried now looking at the clock..

"Sidharth.. mein gayi ni abhi hotel pe.. show khatam hua abhi thodi der pehle.. aaj thoda late ho gaya humne jyada gaane ga diye ... yaar mene bas isliye call kiya tuze bolne ke liye ke mein hotel thoda late se jaungi.. hum sab abhi dinner karne aaye hai .. Gurnaam treat de raha hai hume.. to mein tuze thoda late call karungi .. umm.. tu tension lega isliye call kiya.. "

"thik hai" he said his lips pursing at the thought of her being out so late..

"Sidharth... please gussa mat hona.. hum sab saath mein hi hai.. mein kahi akelle ni jaungi pakka I promise.. Shehba bhi hai sathh... hum log khana khake sidhhe nikal jayenge.. ok??"

He did not say anything..

"Sidharthhhhh... please tu gussa ni hai na?? yaha to late ka waise bhi pata ni chal raha itni bhid hai abhi bhi bahar.. hum log Bombay mein bhi to ghumte hi hai na itni itni late.."

He didn't like her being out late in an unknown city at all and now with unknown guy as well.. unknown to him at least... he huffed and just said ok to her because there was nothing he could do anyway.. in Bombay he was always with her whenever she was out late..

"Sidharth.... " she said her voice pleading to him..
"mujhe to bahar akele ghumne se jyada tere gusse ho jane se darr lagta hai waise bhi.. gussa mat kar na yaar.."

He could picture her pouting and stomping a feet pleading at him ,and he couldn't help but agree to whatever she asked, like always.. he is just useless when she asks him anything in that voice.. it melts him faster than an ice in the oven..

"haan jaa na to darling mene kaha kuchh bola.. "

"kuchh bola ni tabhi to.. please bol, koi ni Sanaa tu ja.. "

"haan thik hai koi ni tu ja.. aur muje hotel pohonchte hi call back kar.. aur already 12 baj chuke hai waha.. so please jaldi finish karo dinner aur bhago waha se dono bhai behen samjhe ??? "

"okkay byee bebu.. love you .." she said grinning..

"haan love you too.. bhag abhi .." he said chuckling..

He himself has taken her out late in the night numerous times.. He is usually not a late-night person.. especially on weekdays. He likes to sleep in early and get up early to hit the Gym.. But for Sana, he had been out on more nights than he could count.. He remembered how she loves roaming around the city in the night.. having random conversations about anything and everything .. He missed her constant chit chatter.. He couldn't wait for her to come back home...

Home! That thought startled him.. He was surprised how naturally he just thought of her coming to home as coming to him and not anywhere else.. his heart and mind couldn't think of her going anywhere else than to him... in his heart and mind they belonged together.. and that's where their home is.. That thought just made him miss her dearly..