Inevitable Part 23

Start from the beginning

After couple of her solo songs, this new guy was introduced to the public.. the uproar and crowd reaction to his name being called told Sidharth this guy was well loved and quite popular too...

"Ye kaun hai?? Mujhe laga Shehnaaz akele show kar rahi thi.." his mom asked a little confused..

"Haan? " he came out his trance.. "haan haan akele hi karti hai .. ye aaj ke liye koi aaya hai uske punjab ka singer waha shoot kar raha tha to song promotion ke liye 1-2 gaane saath gane wala hai show me.. "

As they started the duet song, Sid couldn't help but notice how well they complemented each other.. Though he knows how Sana gets excited about singing and dancing every time, he couldn't ignore How she beamed and how they smiled at each other while the other one was singing their lines, how they matched each other's hook up steps to the song, how his hand kept going around her shoulder when there was a duet line.. He was noticing all the small things, trying to just tell himself this is just for the show and audience and nothing else..

His was soon broken out of his reverie though, when Shehbaaz took his video call backstage during the break.. Sana and the new guy were animatedly chatting with each other in Punjabi, hi-fiving each other every now and then and laughing at nothing in particular. Sidharth did not fail to notice how the guy just kept grabbing Sana's hand throughout the conversation telling her something that had captured her attention completely .. this was starting to get on Sidharth's nerves slowly...

"Shehbaaz.. Sana se baat kara jara.. "

"haan ji karata hun... oyy Sana ye le Sidharth aur aunty dekh rahe the show.. "

She quickly snatched the phone from Shehbaaz's hands holding it in one hand and waving at Sidharth with other hand excitedly..

"Hi Sidharthh... tune dekha show?? Kaisa laga... Hiii mumma.. aapne dekha mera song stage pe??" she asked his Mom noticing her seating beside him too..

"Haan dekha na beta.. bahot acche.. audience sab log kitna enjoy kar rahe the.. bahot achha gate ho beta aap.."

"Sun tere naye friend se nahi milayegi kya mujhe??" Sid cut his mom in between, walking out to the balcony..

And Sana was excited and jumped
"Tu milega?? Rukk.. oyy Gurnaam... itthe aa.. " she pulled him by his hands..

"Sidharth.. ye Gurnaam hai .. ye humari punjab film industry me bhot famous hai aur mera friend bhi hai.. meine bataya tha na tuze subeh humne ikatthe gane bhi gaaye hai pehle.. aur Gurnam ye Sidharth hai.. umm.."

she suddenly quieted down not knowing how to introduce Sidharth as..

Though Sid had told her his feelings, they never discussed if she could tell this to people she trusts..

"Hello Sidharth ji.. how are you?? "

"yeah man I am good.. so, you two having a good time catching up ??"

"haan ji haan ji .. aap mumbai walon ne humari Shehnaaz ko to kidnap hi kar liya hai punjab se.. isko milne ke liye abhi bahar desh aana padta hai batao... "

and he laughed giving another hi-five and shoulder hug to Sana..

Sidharth just gave him the courtesy smile ignoring him completely..

"Sidharth tuze pata aaj hum log rehearsal kar rahe the na to ..." She stopped suddenly, looking back.. their break was over, and they needed to go back to the stage..

"Ok ba.. umm.. Sidharth.. bye.. mein show ke baad baat karti hun ok ? bye. .bye.. "

he noticed how she almost called him baby but refrained at the last moment.. and he couldn't decide why he actually wanted her to address him like that in front of Gurnaam now of all time..

As left she hurriedly ran back to the stage pushing the phone in Shehbaaz's hand and Sidharth was left curious to know what happened during the rehearsals and what she was going to tell him she was called back.. He couldn't wait for her show to get over tonight, so that the new guy can go on his way and he can talk to her again ..

He had complete trust on Shehnaaz.. that wasn't even a question.. He just did not like anyone talking to her like he did.. suddenly he completely understood Sana's worry and irritation over his shoot with Shruti... though he understood it earlier also in a way and he never discounted her feelings about him, seeing her with someone else just highlighted those feelings for him..

Though these two are completely opposite personalities in most of the ways, they were both very much similar to each other in this aspect.. It is hard to tell who is worse when it comes to their possessiveness ..

Sidharth couldn't wait for this night to get over so that, that singer is out of her way, what he did not know was he would probably have to deal with him just a little longer...

*** TBC ***