Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

    Bleep bleep, bleep bleep, bleep bleep, blee-

    “No!” I groaned, smashing my alarm clock repeatedly. “Shut up, shut up, shut up! Let me sleep!”

    “Aria, stop cursing at your poor alarm clock and get your ass down here!” my best friend and roommate, Clarity, yelled. I groaned again, banging my head repeatedly on my pillow.

    In a bad mood, I sat myself at the table and watched as Clarity slid me a cup of coffee.

    “I know how much you need caffeine in the morning,” she laughed as I nodded.

    Clarity slid two plates full of pancakes, eggs, and bacon onto the table. We had come to the agreement that she would cook breakfast, since she was a morning person, and I would cook dinner since she got cranky at night.

    “You ready for classes?” Clarity asked, devouring her breakfast.

    “You know me Claire,” I replied, stuffing my mouth with food, “I hate college.”

    Claire and I were in our second semester at our freshman year in college. Our parents had both bought us an apartment to share that was super close to our college as our graduation gift, since we were best friends. We depended on each other, like a well oiled machine.

    “Go get ready!” Clarity shouted when she glanced at the clock. “We’re going to be late!”

    I bounded to my room and dressed in a pair of slightly ripped, dark jeans and a pastel blue, lacy top with a slightly large, thin, and cream sweater-jacket. I grabbed my bag and we both ran to her car. We usually use Clarity’s car since it uses less gas, but we always split the gas fee.

    “Go, go, go!” I yelled, and we quickly drove to the college.

    Luck was on our side and we made it to the university just in time. Clarity ran to her literature class. Clarity still wasn’t exactly sure what she wanted to do as a job, but she enjoyed writing and hoped to be an author on the side. I however wanted to be a doctor or vet. One or the other, I still wanted to help the injured.

    I stumbled into my class with a few seconds to spare. Breathing heavily, I sat down far away from the other students, but close enough that I could still pay attention to the lecture. The professor walked in and started his presentation, using a laser and talking in a lively voice so no one would fall asleep.

     Suddenly, someone bust through the door. It was a man. The teacher stopped his lecture and he and the strange man seemed to be in a deep discussion. The seemed to be glancing at me every so often. The man nodded and left abruptly. The lecture continued.

    “So how was class?” Clarity asked with sparkling eyes. “I had a substitute who was absolutely delicious.”

    I eyed her in disapproval. “How old was he?”

    “Only a year older!” Clarity pouted. “Apparently, he was a prodigy and finished high school when he was eleven!”

    I scoffed. “Don’t even think about it Claire. He could be a child molester for all you know.”

    Clarity scowled at me. “Stop raining on my parade.”

    “Whatever, let’s just go,” I sighed, rubbing her back in order to placate her. “I’m sorry, Clary-poo. I’ll buy you ice cream?”

    “Yes!” Clarity yelled, causing people to stare at us strangely. “And we only have one class today! Let’s go get ice cream! You’re buying!”

    With that, Clarity ran like a madwoman to her car. I followed while laughing when a chill shot up my spine. I turned around to see a guy leaning against the side of the building. He was staring at me. I frowned, wondering if I had seen him before. He was too far away to make out his features, but I could see that he had gorgeous turquoise eyes that seemed to be staring deep into my soul. With a shiver, I turned around, and I could have sworn his eyes flashed red.

    “It must be a trick of the light,” I muttered to myself.

    “Aria! Hurry up! I want my ice cream!” Clarity yelled from her car.

  “Coming!” I shouted, turning around for one last glimpse of the stranger with mesmerizing eyes.

He was gone.

***

Sorry, that was more of a filler chapter.... :/

I promise that it will get really exciting really soon! Just stick with me!

Please vote and/or comment!

Love Ya!

~Thesmallthingsinlife