You weren't really going to call your parents, you sent a text to them earlier today and that was about the extent of your conversation. You weren't that close to them after all that happened with Itsuki. There was a period of time they hated you but since getting out of your relationship with him they started to trust you more and more but it's hard to rebuild that relationship with them. Just have to keep doing your best with your actions.

You sat out on that planter in the courtyard where you hurt your hands. The left one didn't hurt anymore, it was barely there. Your right hand also didn't hurt anymore, unless you were using it a lot which you had with the volleyballs and cleaning up. So you unwrapped your cut to check on it and it felt good to reunite it with the cool air.

"What are you doing out here?" You heard a deep voice from behind you and it made you jump thinking it was a teacher. Instead you just made eye contact with a nice pair of broad shoulders.

    "Oh my god, Kuroo, you scared the hell out of me." You said, holding your chest. He just laughed.

    "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Your face is cute when you're scared, though." He smirked and walked closer to you, then sunk back into himself. He was supposed to stop flirting with you and making you uncomfortable. He never realized how bad he must be at pursuing someone.

    "How'd you know I was here?" You asked, trying your best to hide your hand from him.

    "Yamamoto was sitting and staring out the window for 5 minutes straight, nothing really keeps his attention that long. So I looked out and saw you sitting here." Kuroo explained, sitting next to you. You were suddenly extremely embarrassed.

    "Oh–crap. I forgot the boys were sleeping over here." You practically face palmed yourself, hoping not too many guys were watching you just staring at the sky for so long.

   "I'm sure it's fine. Do you need to talk about something?" He asked. You grabbed your own hand a bit tighter to hide it. You sighed and realized there wasn't really a good way to avoid it now. Kuroo grabbed your good hand and started to lead you away from the planter. "Come on."

   "Where are we going?" You asked, not resisting that much.

     "Think I didn't notice your hand? Come on, you're cleaning it again to make sure it heals properly." Kuroo smiled, he leads you to the girls' bathroom and went in with you to clean it.

     "Uh, Kuroo... This is the girls' bathroom." You said, shyly reminding him.

    "Yeah, but you girls all sleep near the other girls' bathroom so I don't think anyone will care. Unless you want me to wait outside while you wash your hand?" He asked, leaning against the wall to the sink and crossing his arms. "What were you doing to reopen your hand like that?"

     "I just had to clean up one of the gyms." You said, washing your hands and trying to avoid eye contact.

     "What? Why? You're not supposed to do that. Who was in the gym before? If it was one of us I'll–" Kuroo started getting a little upset but you stopped him before he could continue his train of thought, you had something you needed to ask him.

     "Kageyama and Hinata were fighting. Well they were about to fight before I stopped them, then I just told them to go cool their heads and continue talking tomorrow. So I cleaned the gym up for them after their practice. But honestly, I don't know if I am doing the right thing." You admitted leaning your arms on the sink in front of you and staring at yourself in the mirror, "I'm supposed to be their manager this year and I let them get to that point. I saw it coming, sure I stopped it before any fists were actually thrown, but I should've told them to go to bed sooner before they started to yell at each other. I'm not even the full manager, so should I have just found someone else?"

     "(Y/N), you shouldn't have had to stop them at all. But the fact that you did, that's the most badass thing a manager could do. If our team had a manager, I'd want them to act the way you did in that situation." Kuroo smirked at you and you smiled. That was what you needed to hear most.

     "If you guys don't have a manager then who does all the jobs the manager is supposed to do?" You asked.

     "Me, I guess." He said, keeping his hands in his pockets, "Kai and Yaku help out a lot, too. We're the only ones who've been on the team all three years so we know the most about the club so I think we feel like we need to take the most responsibility for this team."

     "You especially." You said, and he looked shocked when you said it, "It's only natural since you're the captain and all. You're an interesting guy.. You take so much responsibility of your team, protect them, and make sure they're respectful but you've been helping out Karasuno so much lately. I know you're giving advice to Tsukishima and Hinata, and.. me."

     "What? I can't be nice?" Kuroo shrugged, kind of blushing and closing his eyes a little. You laughed at his reaction, and he opened them.

      "Of course, you can, Tetsurou. And you should. It's just kind of funny since you don't really look you should be as nice as you are." You teased, he felt his heartbeat really fast when you started using his first name. It felt so different like you were comfortable with him. He shoved his arms further under each other, he didn't want to know what his hands want to do right now.

      "I kind of like having the whole unpredictable look I have, you know. It works great for Volleyball. My favorite thing is when I switch in for Inuoka, seeing those guys react to me after having such a ball of energy and kindness in front of them. It's really funny to me, because I know I've won." Kuroo smiled to himself, you had gotten him to his favorite subject: volleyball.

       "Eh, you don't really intimidate me. I've seen a lot scarier." You said, knocking him off his high horse. You leaned next to him against the wall proudly. You looked so small next to him.

      "Good?" Kuroo said with a questioning undertone, rolling onto his side to face you. "I'm sure if I wanted to intimidate you, I'd have you pinned in an instant."

      That sentence kind if excited you, it made you nervous again and heat rose to your skin. It didn't help how good he looked in his black hoodie and grey sweatpants. He's just a friend.

     "We should go to bed. It's getting late and we both have a lot of responsibilities the last day of camp tomorrow." Kuroo said, having enjoyed your blushing face long enough. He couldn't keep his hands in his pockets much longer he felt like.

     "Tomorrow's the last day?" You breathed out, you hadn't realized. For some reason you forgot it ended.

"Yeah, it is." Kuroo said, beginning to leave out the door of the bathroom but hung on the top of the door frame to look back at your saddened expression.

"Why... can't we just go on a walk or something? Just a few extra minutes?" You whined, truthfully you wanted to spend more time with him. You felt safe, listened to, and amused with him. Every so often your heart fluttered with him. It was exciting. You gripped his sweatshirt sleeve to plead and he knew it was over for him, he was going to give into your request.

"My legs are pretty sore, but uh.." Kuroo dug in his sweatshirt pocket, "How about a drive?"

"You have a car?" You asked, shocked. It's not very common for you to know someone who could drive let alone have a car at your age.

"It's my dad, I had to borrow it for the week for the club. It's out in the parking lot if we want to take it for a spin? Wanna see Tokyo again?" Kuroo asked, swinging the keys around his finger and smirking the way he does to make you jello in his hands.

"Are we going to get in trouble for leaving?" You asked, a bit nervous.

"I thought you liked to cause a bit of trouble?" He rose an eyebrow at you. It only took you a second to think about. Maybe you hadn't completely grown out of your old ways.

"Take me out of here."