Chapter 2

A deep blue enveloped the sky from all its color and bright sparkles were dusted among it. Mika stared at the sky for awhile. He was troubled about his family life.

On one hand, he loved how his family worked, even though they were separate, but on the other, he knew how sad his dad was, alone at night. Ferid was the kind of man to go on plenty dates, have casual sex when the kids went to bed, and then never see them again. It was a pattern that continued after his wife divorced him and began soul searching.

Mika didn't know the full extent of his dad's emotions, but he had caught his dad off guard and dry weeping. The young boy was practically off his window seal whenever he saw a shooting star blaze by. And then, like magic, it hit him.

He could just find his dad a new wife.

He jumped up with a smile on his face and ran towards his brother's room, falling a couple times. He knocked on the door spastically, hoping his brother was still awake. His brother, Lacus, opened the door, with his purple hair down and slightly matted.

"Lacus!" Mika shouted, "guess what I did!"

Lacus rubbed his eyes, and replied, "what?"

"So you know how dad doesn't have anyone anymore? He's single and hasn't met a new mom yet?"

"Yeah."

"What if we got him a new mom?"

"Like a girlfriend?"

"Yeah!"

Lacus took a step back and thought about it. He'd love for his dad to be happy again, like he was with their mom, but there was a problem to Mika's plan. "Um, Mika?" He started, "the problem is, we don't know any women dad's age besides my teacher, but she's so mean and dumb. So, we really don't know anyone for dad."

Mika frowned in defeat. His brother was right, which was never fun, but now they had a totally new problem. The blonde 5 year old dashed to his room, grasping a race car pencil and his dinosaur note book. "I have an idea." He mutter to Lacus, rushing back into his room and to his seat.

The young boy started a table of contents on the first page of the book, labeled "possible new moms". Lacus turned his head to the side for a better look.

"So, we're gonna write down every lady that could be our new mom?" Lacus asked.

"Yeah..." Mika paused, "We'll write down their names as we meet them, and then everything about them. At the end of the month, we'll pick our favorites, and then we'll get them and dad together. It's genius!"

"Ok, but what do we call the book? All good books have a name."

"Hmmm... I don't know..."

Mika's purple haired counter part tapped his finger on his chin in thought. He wasn't sure what to call a book like this. It had to be something good, but straight to the point. He put his finger on his lip, signaling Mika to stay quiet, and skipped out of his room.

He knew who would be able to give him a good name for such a study. Their oldest brother.

"Rene! Rene!" He called out, beating on his brothers door. The teen didn't answered his brother's calls. Lacus sighed, thinking he wouldn't be able to get his help, until he touched the handle.

He pushed the door open to the dark cave Rene called his room. He wasn't there though. A glimpse of light made his head turn to his side. The bathroom light was on and the door was cracked.

"Rene?" Lacus asked, pulling open the door. "Oh my god."

Rene snapped his head at him, still bent over the sink from putting black dye in his hair. "What do you want?" He snapped.