𝐱𝐱. the poison

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - the poison

━━━━━━━

𝐉𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐎𝐅 pain were entirely muffled by the hand clamped across his mouth. The second Ophelia's hand had been clouded within a brilliant red glow, the poor young vampire gasped and trembled from the pain that had flooded his undead frame, his legs eventually buckling and giving way; sending him to the ground.

Before the entire city of New Orleans could be alerted to what was happening via his screams, Rebekah sped behind the baby vampire and swiftly slammed her hand over his mouth.

Ophelia's veins flooded with magical energy and the moment she knew she had enough to fuel the spell that was needed to ensure young Timothy kept his life, she let Joshua free.

The poor thing panted heavily; his arm had felt like it was on fire the moment she had touched him, scorching pain clawing at his veins. Slowly, Rebekah peeled her hand away, wiping it on her jean-clad thigh as she scrunched up her nose. Ophelia wasted no time at all and the moment her hand fell from Josh's, she began to chant beneath her breath.

Her words were fast and neither of the vampires, even with their spectacular hearing, couldn't make out a single word she was saying. She pictured Tim in her mind, going by the copious pictures that Davina had drawn and from the small glimpse of the boy she caught back during the music festival when he skillfully played his violin.

To Rebekah and Josh, it didn't seem as if anything was happening, Ophelia looked odd, standing in an alley, hands hovering in the air palm down as she muttered away. But after a few moments, her hands dropped to her side and she looked up with an accomplished smile that concealed the mild headache she had received from the powerful spell. "Done."

"That- that was it?" Joshua questioned; the amount of pain he had gone through made whatever spell she had muttered pale by comparison.

"Did you expect fireworks?"

"Honestly? I don't know, I'm- I'm new at all of this. But you were right.... that hurt like hell."

"I did warn you."

"Yeah... hey uh, so, like what are you? Is Tim safe? What are we doing now?"

Ophelia blinked at the young boy before sharing a small look with Rebekah who rose a brow in amusement at Josh's rapid-fire questions. "How about we go and make sure Davina's okay instead?"