𝐱𝐢𝐱. the runaway witch

Start from the beginning

The girls spent another hour at their petit table of the café, sipping on mimosas and munching on the delicacies the small business offered whilst they chatted. Even after sharing what she did, Rebekah still managed to elicit laughter from the siphon as if nothing had changed. It was 'normal' and that was exactly what Ophelia had wanted; she didn't want anything to change.

When multiple glasses had been drained and Ophelia began to shock Rebekah with the amount of food she could stuff herself with, they called it time to leave. The pair slowly walked the streets of New Orleans, the bright smiles that had been plastered on them prior, were back in place and glinting brightly.

The sounds and colors around them banished all negativity as they slowly approached the abattoir, knowing in the pits of their stomachs that something was bound to have happened in their happy absence.

And of course, something had happened. Davina had apparently managed to simply walk out the door, completely unnoticed. It appeared that a... team of sorts was formed; Klaus and Marcel were muttering to one another about what they could do to find the young witch. Ophelia wasn't worried, Davina could handle herself, that much was obvious. The only thing that made her nervous for the little Harvest girl was the lengths that Niklaus might go to, to ensure that she came home.

Instead of worrying, Ophelia joined Rebekah and Hayley as they rifled through the old trunks and chests they had found throughout the compound; they were filled with vintage dresses and clothes. They had dumped their copious amounts of shopping bags, promptly ignoring the look from Hayley, and got stuck in.

"So the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley spoke as she picked up one of the old and dusty dresses, her face cringing at the awful composition of fabric.

Rebekah hummed absently, her face mirroring Hayley's as she picked out some mess of material, "Walked right out of the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?"

"No, although I did tell her that the witch elders were dead."

"Ah," Ophelia sighed, slumping herself onto one of the closed chests, her eyes closing as a small ball of annoyance grew, "That'd be it."

"What do you mean? Those witches tried to kill her, why would she care?" Rebekah questioned as she threw another dress behind her, a dust cloud forming as it landed on the ground.

"Agnes was the last living elder, the only one who could perform the ritual. Without her alive, Davina is safe. I knew but... I thought it best for Marcel to tell her, he was the one keeping her as his own personal ballerina in a box."

"Brilliant." The blonde huffed as she directed a tight-lipped smile to Hayley, "So you are the reason she's run off."

"Hey, I was just telling her the truth." the pregnant wolf defended, "She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

"Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible."

Ophelia sighed, her eyes drifting upwards where Klaus and Marcel were chatting quietly to one another. Rebekah was right, eventually Elijah would join the fray and the small trio would be unstoppable. But no matter the consequences, Ophelia knew Marcel would keep her in the loop with Davina. Sure they might not see eye to eye, but the pair both adored the young witch and would do anything to keep her from harm.