A Night on Bald Mountain, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Are we sure this is the right place?" Spike asked, looking around.

"It fits Deems' and Leopold's description perfectly," Rarity answered observingly. "Though the whole macabre look is really sending some mixed messages."

"This place sure is different than the other realms," Twilight said, picking up some dirt. "Even the soil here feels different."

In a strange, creepy way, the dirt in her hoof began to move. A scary face suddenly appears, while whispering a monstrous growl. Twilight gasped with fright, quickly shaking the dirt from her hoof. Fluttershy quickly approached Twilight and hugged her fiercely.

"Twilight, I'm starting to get the feeling we should've listened to Deems and Leopold," Fluttershy whimpered, shivering uncontrollably. "I-I-I really don't like it here; this place is so dark and scary! I don't wanna be here! I wanna go home, locked in my closet, with my teddy bear!!!"

Twilight tried calming her, soothing her back gingerly with a 'shh'.

"Cheer up, Fluttershy," Pinkie replied, in her usual tone. "You gotta laugh, like we did with the trees the first time we explored the Everfree Forest, and sing, like you did with Snow White. I'll start: A one... A two..."

Pinkie took a deep breath, while tapping her hooves.

"W..."

But before she started singing, Twilight quickly covered her mouth while looking around. Then she stared back at Pinkie with a serious stern.

"Pinkie Pie, we're in a world that reeks of evil," Twilight warned. "We need to be quiet, meaning... no singing!"

"Mhmm..." Pinkie moaned, yet nodded understandingly.

"Twilight's right," Applejack agreed. "This ain't like the other realms we visited. We best find them sheet music and get out of here fast."

"Easier said than done," Jiminy noted. "All we can do is keep a watchful eye while we look around."

"We could use an extra look-out," Twilight suggested.

"And I can totally do look-outs," Rainbow bragged.

"Best on the ground, Rainbow," Twilight advised. "We can't take any chances."

"Oh... Fine."

Then slowly but surely our heroes move further into the village, where not a single soul or inhabitant could be seen.

"This could be a long search," Jiminy replied, looking around. "Let's hope that our presence goes unnoticed."

(Stop music)

(Music from 2:57 to 3:17)

In that very moment, our view slowly zooms out to see exactly where they are: The old village they were in was located within a mountainous area. It had a river and a few trees here and there... but that wasn't everything. All of it was overlooked by an enormous, dark and morose mountain. The foggy night sky, along with the pale light of the full moon, made everything feel ominous and scary.

 The foggy night sky, along with the pale light of the full moon, made everything feel ominous and scary