AMERICAN GOTHIC

En başından başla

"Well, you said we could all be friends with you, as long as we kept your secret." Nat narrowed her eyes at the girl and looked at her carefully.

"What secret?" Elena asked but the girl's face contorted into one of confusion.

"I-I don't know." Rebekah sighed heavily and looked at Elena.

"She doesn't know anything else. Let's find someone else." Nat nodded in agreement and they left the girl alone. They walked for a while until Nat spotted the Post Office on the next block.

"Maybe we can find something there." She pointed at the building and both vampires looked at the Post Office before shrugging.

"Wouldn't hurt to try." Elena agreed and they walked over to it, heading in the direction of a worker on the parking lot. "Hey, excuse me, um... Do I have any mail today?" Elena asked the man and he looked at her hair confused.

"What happened to your hair?"

"I cut it." She brushed it off quickly but he frowned.

"In the last two minutes?" Nat's eyes widened and she turned to Elena.

"I was here two minutes ago?"

"Are you feeling okay, Miss Pierce?" The man asked as he looked her over and Elena smiled at him.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm fine. Um, thanks." The man nodded and walked away. She turned to Rebekah and Nat and sighed. "She was here two minutes ago. That means that she can't be that far. Um- how about you two check inside. I'll look in the parking lot."

"Okay." Rebekah and Nat left in the opposite direction towards the Post Office entrance. Just as they were about to enter, Rebekah stopped and looked back. "She's here." With that, Nat and her quickly walked back to Elena and found Katherine pinning Elena to a van, choking her and smirking at her.

"Oh, well. It's a beautiful place to die." She told her doppelgänger. Rebekah rushed at the vampire and grabbed her by the neck, pushing her to the ground after.

"I couldn't agree more. You've chosen a beautiful place to die."

"Where's the cure?" Elena asked Katherine blankly

"Where's the cure?" Elena asked Katherine blankly. After they found the vampire, Rebekah, Nat and Elena took her to a nearby diner. Elena and Nat were sitting on one side of the booth while Rebekah and Katherine sat in front of them.

"What? No 'I'm here to avenge my annoying little brother' speech?" Katherine asked Elena snarkily, Nat glaring at her.

"People die. We move on." Elena drank from her mug expressionless while Rebekah looked at her. Elena just kept staring at Katherine, who narrowed her eyes at her doppelgänger.

"After turning off our humanity switch." She realized. "So sad for the boys, though. Their special snowflake of human frailty... gone." Nat rolled her eyes and looked at Rebekah, who seemed tired of Katherine already. "Well, if we're gonna be a while, I'm gonna go grab some menus." She started leaving but Rebekah stabbed her hand with a fork, pinning it to the table. Katherine moaned in pain and sat back down.