"Anji meet Lavanya Kashyap, your future Bhabhi"

The four people present in the room were shocked. No one had expected Arnav to introduce the girl he wanted to marry. Garima looked at the pain in her daughter's face. Anjali had a lot to ask Arnav and Lavanya and so, the Guptas excused themselves. Arnav tried asking Khushi to stay, but Garima declined saying she needed Khushi's help with something.

The entire next week Khushi avoided the Raizada siblings, mostly with Garima's help. At work Khushi avoided Anjali by setting up meetings with clients. They were either attending different meetings or talking to clients together. Khushi pretended everything was okay and complaining that the work was getting too much that the friends weren't getting enough time to hang out. No one doubted her and she was glad about that.

Khushi was asleep when Arnav and Anjali sneaked into her room. They brought a bucket of water from the washroom and poured it all over Khushi. She woke up with a start.

"Happy Birthday Khushi!" the brother and sister screamed.

"Arnav , Anji what is all this? Where will I sleep tonight? You have ruined by bed." Khushi complained as she realised what just happened.

"Oh my sleeping beauty, you can sleep at our place until your bed dries up." Arnav said hugging her. Khushi was crying, but the water droplets helped her hide her tears.

She hugged Anjali next.

"Since we did not get time to plan anything this week, Anji and I decided not to have a party today. Instead it will be we ..." Arnav was cut off when Khushi finished the sentence for him.

"Four, isn't it? Three was better!" Khushi did not mean to say it out loud, but the words fell out before she could stop herself.

"Khushi, do you not like Lavanya?" Arnav asked. He seemed to be hurt. So, Khushi plastered a smile on her face.

"Oh my hero. I just wanted to know what is in your mind. So much love for her already huh? She is a lucky girl. By the way, I don't have any problem with Lavanya I was just acting. I know that I'm a very good actress, fooled you, didn't I?"

Anjali and Arnav agreed.

"Khushi, go get ready fast. We have to go. We are on a tight schedule. Here is a little something for you." Anjali handed her a packet before exiting the room with Arnav in tow.

Khushi had a shower and took the packet. There was a red silk blouse and a black skirt. She decided to wear what her friends had picked up for her, did minimal make-up. One look at the mirror and she decided it was better to leave her shoulder length hair open. Anjali and Arnav were chatting to Shashi and Garima. They got up as soon as they saw her.

"Arnav you need not get up in respect when you see me, get up in front of Lavanya. And you Anji, I'm younger to you so why are you getting up?" Khushi asked. She had a smile on her face.

"Khushi Gupta-ji, for you kind information we are not respecting you. And by the way this would be your last birthday where we will be celebrating like this. Next year I will be busy with my life. So I thought why don't we celebrate it, just for your sake." Arnav said. He sounded serious.

Khushi's smile faded hearing Arnav's words. Her eyes welled up, before she realized what was happening.

"Khushi, my dear I am so sorry. I was just kidding." Arnav ran to her and hugged her. But she was not in a state of mind to hug him back for she knew what he told had to come true. She stood there without any movement.

Garima was facing Khushi. She pleaded to her to be calm and control herself.

Anjali was a silent viewer to all this. She didn't even understand what was happening with Khushi since she never knew Khushi's liked Arnav.