Prologue

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

It was a bright sunny day when Khushi saw the truck unloading next to her house. The five year old Khushi Gupta had just woken up and was waiting for her mother to bring her the morning cup of milk as she was looking outside the window.

"What are you looking at Khushi?" Garima asked joining her near the window."

"Maa, look, we have new neighbours." Khushi pointed excitedly at the little girl outside who had gotten out of the car that followed the truck. Garima noticed the new residents too. Later that day, after lunch, she and Shashi along with Khushi walked to the house next door.

Ratna opened the door. The family wasn't expecting anyone to show up. Only a few people knew that they were shifting that day. She had finished up Arnav and Anjali's rooms first and had them settled there before moving to other things.

"Hi, I am Garima, this is my husband Shashi, and our daughter Khushi. We live next door."

"Come on in. I am sorry about the mess. I am Ratna. Please take a seat." She said. Garima handed over the bowl of Kheer which she had prepared in order to give to the new neighbours.

"Thank you for this. Arnav, Anjali, come downstairs, we have guests." Khushi was looking forward to meet the new kids. There were no kids around her age in the neighbourhood and she wanted friends.

"This is our daughter Anjali and this is Arnav, our son." Vijender Singh Raizada said coming into the room.

Khushi moved from beside her parents to join the other kids in the room. She soon learned that Anjali was the same age as her and Arnav was nine, four years older to them. Everyone became fast friends. Vijender and Shashi bonded over business and their shared interest for gardening. Garima and Ratna were both stay at home wives, they talked to each other about their hobbies, their husband and their children. Anjali and Khushi were very alike and didn't even realize when they became friends. Arnav was very protective of Anjali and now he cared out Khushi as well.

Ten years had gone by in each other's company. The Raizadas were set to attend the marriage of a close relative that day but Anjali was having her board exams so she refused to go. Big brother Arnav decided to stay back with his little sister while Ratna and Vijender Singh Raizada went for the ceremony.

Khushi was at the Raizada house, studying with Anjali, when the shocking news came. Neither Arnav nor Anjali could believe that their parents were no more. A car accident had separated the children from their parents. The bodies were brought to the house and Shashi helped Arnav in doing the rituals while Garima and Khushi were having a tough time controlling Anjali.

Arnav consoled his sister assuring her that he was there for her always. Shashi and Garima adored the children, whom they had taken in as their own after their friends had passed, promising to be there for them always.

But, that night changed Arnav. After graduation, he left Anjali under the care of the Guptas when he left for Harvard to pursue his masters' in Business Administration. The guy who came back was nothing close to the guy the Guptas or Anjali knew. He turned into the ruthless Arnav Singh Raizada aka ASR who took AR Constructions to new heights.

Khushi and Anjali were the only ones who got to see the normal Arnav, who they had grown up with. But he had not lost himself totally. He was rough in business but as a person he was a gem of a man. And there was nothing he would not do for Anjali and Khushi and the girls felt the same.

****************

I will try and update this every Wednesday.

Hope you liked it. Please do vote and comment. 

Meanwhile, please check out my other stories - I have posted the prologue to another story of mine called Aashiqui - give that a read as well :)

Follow for alerts regarding the updates