Chapter thirteen: Black moon

Two moons passes, and Ethius grew fragile, he's strong and agile but he becoming old, not that old, just being tired of fighting. I negotiated Baltimon. "Let Ethius free, I'll challenge the most powerful and brutal gladiators." Baltimon sneered and chuckled, "Why would I do that, gladiator?" I replied "For your golds, I am the champion of Rome, I, Priamos!"

He didn't respond, he looked at Ethius and yes, I can read Baltimon, he's into fame and fortune. He waved his hands and two Romans unchain Ethius and threatened me "If you lose, I'll kill you." I snickered. As I looked him so murderously, he shivers a little and stutter said "Tomorrow, in Greece. Th-The mig-mightiest and u-undefeated glad-gla-gladiators will be your end." As he walked slowly away from us, and Ethius put his hand in my shoulder and  advice, "Survive!" I looked at him and sighed. "I will."

Seagull cawing, people are walking and socializing with the vendors and friends, as Nicomachus walked in the academy and he was grabbed in the mouth and Ethius whispered "I am Ethius, Commander of forth battalion, he is alive. Fighting." As he put away his hand in the mouth of Nicomachus and told him "who is he!?" Ethius muttered "The Prince, he is scheduled to fight in one arena. Here at Greece."

"For Zeus' mercy." Nicomachus said, as Ethius lift up his ragged cloak and left.

Ethius gathered his loyal warriors and he told that they must march into western side of Peloponnese if they wanna see the Prince. Nicomachus joined and it is mid-morning and the weather is sultry as they watch the Prince fought six mightiest gladiators of history and the 3rd battalion and 4th battalion witness the extraordinary strength of the Prince as he easily broke the spears of six gladiators and killed them by twisting his body in the air and crouched as he slashed their feet and fell in the ground, as the prince grabbed two spears and stabbed in two gladiators and put them in the very top of the spear as he slit the throats of three and break the neck of last gladiator, as tons of golds and silvers are collected by Baltimon.

The crowd shouting the name "PRIAMOS!"  "PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!" PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!" PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!" PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!" PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!" PRIAMOS!" "PRIAMOS!"

"I, Sortiris, Commander of 3rd battalion is with the prince." Sortiris saluted and proud with the extraordinary strength and agility of the prince. As Nicomachus, Ethius, and some warriors are waiting for him inside of gates.

As Priamos get inside, grunting and deeply breaths he smiled and hugged Nicomachus and Ethius, "You did well. According to our plans." I said, as Nicomachus looks at me and asked "What plan?" I snickered and I expounded that I must fight the mightiest and brutal gladiators for the freedom of Ethius, so then he will deliver me a message to my trusted friends.

"Where's my brother? Is he with me!?" I added, they can't look at my eyes and sharply sighed and Nicomachus said "Your brother, he is in the epic quest, he is chosen by the great goddess Athena."

"I must tell the truth, my prince." Nicomachus added. I sit in the chair and sighed, "tell it." I said. He gave a piece of colt and inside of it is a sharp dagger that killed my mother,  I looked at Ethius and  deeply breathes "Is your men ready?" I asked sternly, he put his hand in my right shoulder and told that "my men is your men now!"

Sortiris saluted in me, as all 3rd and 4th battalions, they swore and two hundred best and finest Myrmidons are with him, Menesthius, Phoenix, and Edopus.

The great battalion is already the camp where the prince can hide, as they are passing by in one village, eight fiercest and bold warriors of King Arethius are forcing the villagers to pay extra taxes and a sternly voice shouted and I pull the horse' reins horse and unmount in it and I lift my hood down as the eight warriors teased and scoffed me, and the Myrmidons and all battalions are watching as they are holding at their scabbard.

"Who are you huh?" One warrior splurged said at me, as I looked at him so murderously and agilely attack them as I hold his head and jumped and grabbed my daggers and threw it in two warriors. "I, Priamos! Told that to the King!" I whispered and break his feet and agilely the other warriors attacks but they're outnumbered as the battalions aims an sharp arrows at them. "Are you the son of Zeus?" one citizen asked, as the villagers are chattering and we tied the warriors in the horses and I told to the villagers and all warriors "Let the King I'm alive!" As I scatted the horses butt and gallops too fast.

As the villagers prepared us foods and drinks, and we gladly accept their hospitality as the moon became black and the villagers pointed to the moon and we didn't even see any, as the moon became black.

"It is a sign?" A villager asked.
"Sign of what?" I replied, and the villager responded that because "you're the son of Zeus, I'll knew."

The crows screeching Nicomachus muttering that crows are bad signs, I sighed and softly said, "sometimes they are just scared and flying." Ethius teased me "You never believe such thing, do you?" I responded snickered "Why would gods can reproduce in their mortal offspring? gods are for gods, humans are for humans."

Sortiris interrupt and brag me "You're the child of Zeus, you are just blind to see it!" I chuckled and didn't respond to him, I grab the glass of wine and toss to the villagers. "I am not. I am Priamos, son of Tatiana."  I said as I dance to the villagers.