Chapter Sixty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

  "Daddy," Fletcher said as he stood up in the crib.

  Joe got up and picked him up out of the crib and carried him to our bed.

  "Love you," I said to Joe.

  "Love you too babe, I hope you just have a bug."

  "I honestly think it's just a stomach bug, don't worry, I feel better now," I said sitting up and giving Joe a kiss.

  Joe and I got up and I took a shower while Joe entertained Fletch and then vis versa while Joe showered. After, I gave Fletcher and Maisie a bath before getting them dressed.

  I then repacked the baby bag. I put more snacks and diapers in before we got into the car and drove to my parents' house once again. We were going to stay there but because of the kids and then Josh and Jess came home, so it was just easier for us to get a hotel room.

  "Ready to go?" Joe asked.

  "Yup!" I said as we left to the car and drove to my parents' house again.

  "Hi," My mom said as she made breakfast.

  Fletcher and Caleb once again decided to go off and play, this time outside.

  "Hey," Joe and I said in unison.

  "How're you feeling?" My mom asked me.

  "Good," I lied.

  "She threw up this morning," Joe ratted me out.

  "Alyson! You need to rest," My mom said shocked.

  "It's just a stomach bug, and thanks Joe," I said sarcastically.

  "Well, you need to rest to get over it," My mom said as she ushered me to my room to lay down.

  "Mom, please, I'm fine."

  "Well, just rest for a while so you'll be okay for Christmas Eve."

  "Okay," I said as I layed down.

  My mom was satisfied with herself and left. I sat up and leaned against the headboard of my bed and went on my phone. Before long, Joe came into the room.

  "How're you feeling?" Joe asked.

  "Fine," I smiled.

  "I love you babe."

  "I love you too," I said getting out of bed and giving Joe a kiss.

  I lead Joe out of my room and went back through to the livingroom and kitchen. My mom was outside with Fletcher and Caleb. Josh was awake and in his pajama bottoms and no top and held Maisie on his lap. Chloe must still be asleep. We got up early this morning and got to the house before 9 am. Both Jess and Dillon weren't up yet either. Joe and I walked outside to join them.

  "Hey Alyson, how're you feeling?" Josh asked.

  "Fine," I smiled.

  Joe and I sat down on the bench together and I cuddled up next to Joe.

  "We've been trying to get this little one to speak, but no luck," I said implying to Maisie telling Josh.

  "Aw, I'll work my magic!" Josh joked, "Who's that, Maisie?"

  Maisie just giggled and continued squirming in Josh's lap.

  "Maisie, who's that?" Josh asked again, pointing to me and Joe.