Chapter 2: Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Timeskip: 1 month later

Naruto's P.O.V:

It's been a month since the end of the 4th great Shinobi World War. Granny is still the Hokage, surprisingly but she did say that she wouldn't step down until the situation with Kaguya was done and dealt with. She spoke to the other Kages once they were freed from the Genjutsu and told them Kaguya's story and they all decide to wait until all the villages were at full capacity to speak again about what to do with Kaguya. In the meantime, I and Kaguya have been together for a whole month. Halfway through our relationship, I noticed that whenever I was with Kaguya, walking through the streets, Hinata would run the other way when she saw us. At the time I didn't know why she was doing that so one night I went to the Hyuga compound to talk to her.

Once I was at the front gate I knocked on the large wooden door and waited for someone to answer. Once the door opened I recognized my friend Neji. "Hey, Neji," I said, happy to see my friend again. "Hello, Naruto," Neji said in a slightly happy tone. " Do you mind if I talk to Hinata about something?" I asked. He opened the door back up and took me to where Hinata's room was. "She's inside," Neji said. I thanked Neji and I entered Hinata's room to Hinata crying. When I entered the room I saw Hinata look up at me and then quickly place her hands on her face as she started to cry. "Hinata what's wrong?" I asked, wondering why she was crying. She just looked back up at me and then placed her head back into her hands. I walked over to her bed and sat down next to her and I asked again, "Hinata what's wrong?". She then looked at me with a mix of sadness and... anger. "Why Naruto, why did you choose that women. Was my love for you not good enough!" She yelled. I was confused for a second until it hit me, Hinata had feelings for me? That's why she ran away when she saw me and Kaguya. I couldn't say anything, I was too stunned. "Answer me, why was it not strong enough!" Hinata raised her voice as she quiet sobbing. "I'm... I'm sorry Hinata, I didn't release I was hurting you so much" I said as I looked down at the floor. Hinata stopped and just stared at me, I couldn't see her doing it but I felt it. I looked up at her and just hugged her and she hesitantly hugged me back. "I can't love you Hinata I'm sorry but there is someone who I know that loves you," I said as I pulled away from the hug. Hinata looked at me and wiped away a few tears before asking, "W-who is i-it?" Hinata studdered. "It's Kiba," I said. I saw Hinata's eyes grow wide before talking again. "Kiba, but he's in a relationship already" I heard Hinata say as she looked at me in shock. "He told me that he was saying that because he knew you liked me and wanted you to be happy," I said as I placed a hand on Hinata's shoulder, "go to him, tell him that you know about his crush on you and be happy," I said as I looked at Hinata and gave her my famous closed eye, toothy grins. Hinata just looked at me before hugging me, "I wished that we could be together but we're not. But as long as you're happy, I'm happy" Hinata said as she hugged me and I hugged back. "Are we still friends?" I asked a little bit hesitantly. "We are Naruto, we'll always be friends," Hinata said to me as she pulled away from the hug. "Thanks, Hinata," I said. "Now don't keep your girlfriend waiting," Hinata said with a genuine smile as she got off the bed. "I won't," I said as I teleported out of the room. "Thank you Naruto, thank you for helping me," Hinata said when Naruto left.

I Hiraishined back into my apartment in the living room and when I did I heard Kaguya give a little yelp. I turned around and saw her in the kitchen, preparing what I assumed was supper. "Hey Kaguya-chan, want you making," I asked as looked over her shoulder curiously to see what she was making. "I'm making your favorite Naruto-Kun, Ramen," Kaguya said and I instantly started drooling. The first time Kaguya made Ramen It tasted like Ichiraku's and I even dare to say it tasted better than their's. "mmm I love it when you make Ramen Kaguya-chan" I said as I wrapped my hands around her waist, "But what's the special occasion?" I asked. Kaguya turned around while still in my grasp, "Can't I just make something for special for the one I love" Kaguya said as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Not without a reason," I said as stared Kaguya's eyes. "Well if you must know it's our one-month anniversary," Kaguya said as she also looked into my eyes, "You didn't forget did you?" Kaguya said as she cutely tilted her head. I remembered immediately that what Kaguya said was true. "What, I totally didn't forget!" I said nervously. "You forgot didn't you?" Kaguya said as she moved her head to the other side. "No I didn't... okay maybe," I said. Instead of yelling at me Kaguya just got on her toes and kissed me on the lips. "It's okay" Kaguya started to say, "I would actually be worried if you remembered something" I heard Kaguya say with a mischievous grin on her beautiful face. "Hey!," I said as Kaguya started to giggle at my reaction. After that, I left Kaguya so that she could finish preparing dinner. I waited in the living room reading a book that Kakashi gave me after we came back to the leaf from the battlefield. "I might have to try some of these things later when I and Kaguya get more comfortable," I thought to myself.