Be Your Everything (Chapter 12)

Start from the beginning

"You've always been the one he liked. Loved even. I forced him to go out with me. I forced him to like me. But he's always talked about you. He gave in after I lied that you weren't interested in guys like him, ever. I was the one jealous, and I'm really, really sorry," she started sobbing, "and I've always hated myself for that."

I did not believe anything she just said. "You gotta be kidding." I started to walk away, but she grabbed me again. I was on the verge of bitch slapping her.

"I wish I was, but I'm not."

I sighed, trying to contain my anger. "Ally, what really is the point of telling me this? I mean, honestly. He's gone! He's never coming back and don't you think it's a bit too late for that?" I really was gonna blow up on her face.

Ally was silent for a minute. "I'm really sorry. I just can't keep it to myself. I just thought you deserved to know the truth."

"Only now?!" I was literally yelling. "We'll...it's too late for that, is it?!"

Ally took a step forward and I stepped back. "Don't touch me. And after what I just did for you," I scoffed and turned to leave. I swear to god if she tries to hold me back again my hand's gonna end up on her face.

I called Kayla saying I'm gonna take the car and head home. I was glad that she agreed to just call Mike for a ride afterwards. I really didn't want to stay anymore. I felt like I was gonna pass out.

When I got home I slumped on my bed, not even bothering to take my shoes off. I checked my phone and had 3 missed calls from Kayla. I was just about to call her back when the next thing I knew I fell asleep.

"Kristine..."

"Huh? Who's there?" I mumbled.

"Kristine! Wake up!"

I sat up from my bed. "Jesus?"

"What? You forgot about me already?" Zack said.

I was startled by his voice. I noticed he was sitting next to me. "Am I dead?" I asked.

Zack laughed. I miss that laugh so much. I miss him so much.

"Zack? Is this real?" I looked around. I was in my room. In the exact same spot. And I was wearing the same thing. Then I looked at Zack. I tried to touch his face. I could feel him. "You're alive?"

He smiled. "No... You're just dreaming. By the way, Kayla's been trying to call you, so..." I saw him playing with my phone before he set it on my bedside table.

"But it feels so real..." I wished it was real.

"I just wanna say goodbye," Zack said sincerely.

"But I don't want you to," I begged.

"You have to let me go. Move on. Find someone to share your adventures with," he looked at me in the eyes. His green eyes. It was even brighter than usual.

"But,"

"Please."

I nodded. I sighed deeply. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing," I tried to hide the expression on my face.

"I know something's bothering you. What is it?"

"It's Ally. She told me everything." I could feel the blood in my cheeks 'cause now, I have to tell him what she told me.

"Don't worry, I know," Zack said as if he just read my mind. "I love you too, Kristine."

I wanted to cry. I wanted to tell him not to leave. I wanted to stay like this forever. But I know we can't.

"Well, my time's up. I gotta go," I saw his face saddened.

"Wait, am I gonna see you again?" I asked.

"Probably not. This is the last time you'll ever see me," he said sadly. "But promise me you'll move on?"

I tried to smile. "I promise."

"Good. 'Cause I don't wanna be always having to worry about you," he pointed.

"So are you like my guardian angel now?"

"You could say that," he grinned. Then he turned serious. "Goodbye, Kristine. I'll always miss you."

"Me too," was all I could say before he disappeared.

My eyes shot open. I looked at the clock next to me. I've only slept for fifteen minutes. Oh my gosh. What a dream. But it felt so real. Well I wish it was real. But Zack was right. I need to move on. I don't want him to be worried about me while he's up there. But he did promise to take care of me. I laughed at the thought. Then I remembered Kayla. Crap, I was supposed to call her. I tried to look for my phone. Where was it? Wasn't I holding it? Then I saw it. It was on my bedside table. I went to grab it when I saw my shoes neatly put away next to my bed. Then I smelled his scent from where he was just sitting awhile ago. I smiled to myself. Oh Zack, how will I ever forget about you?