Chapter fourteen | Jobs and goodbyes

~three months later~

"I do not need a job!" Valerie whined as she sat in the back of Steve's car as he, her, and Robin pulled up into Family Video.

"One you're fifteen now and two I'm down giving you money and three it's good experiences," Steve told her as the older teens got out of the car.

"Oh kill me now,"

"Valerie stop complaining and get up," Robin scolded and Valerie rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

"You're both just jealous cause I have a girlfriend and neither of you do," she smiled as they older teens rolled their eyes and got out of the car.

"How's the leg by the way?" Robin asked her pointing to the dark brace the Valerie loathed.

"Well I don't have to where that stupid cast or use crutches but I'll probably limp fro the rest of my life," She shrugged her shoulders not really caring. Upon entering the building they saw Keith at the front desk and Valerie internally groaned.

"Just to be clear we weren't fired you know the mall burned down and killed like a bunch of people and little Valerie over here just got her workers permit," Robin explained as Keith looked over all three of their resumes clearly uninterested.

"Three favorite movies go!" Valerie and Steve were thrown off by the question but Robin was quick to answer.

"Uh...The apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of paradise," he nodded and then pointed a fiver at Valerie

"I...um....way to put me on the spot...uh I'd have to say Psycho, The sound of music, and uh The Godfather I don't really watch movies so uh yeah," Keith nodded at her answer and Valerie immediately breathed a sigh of relief.

"You go!" The snapped a finger at Steve who began to stutters nervously.

"Favorite movies uh... Animal house for sure uh Star wars."

"A New Hope?"

"A new what?"

"Oh Lord,"

"Which Star Wars!"

"The one with the teddy bears duh," Valerie gave Steve a disappointment look shaking her head

"Oh no the new one that came out the one with the DeLorean and Alex P. Keaton and he's trying to bang his,"

"Steve honey no," Valerie told him giving his shoulder a pat knowing this boy wasn't getting a job.

"You two start Monday," Keith said pointing to both girls "and you start never," He told Steve how frowned sadly

"Hey just give us a minute," Robin told him and he reluctantly walked away.

"Okay you have to understand Keith, I know he's taste is a little pedestrian hell even Valerie's is,"

"Bitch,"

"Anyways the dingus has other qualities,"

"He's a douchebag of the highest order Robin!"