𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞."

Auroras red trembling hands tightly gripped either side of the metal sink. She hesitantly glanced up at the dirty mirror in front of her. A shaken gasp leaving her chapped lips. The once innocent 14 year old girl was no longer there. She was a monster.

Her clean freckle littered face was now covered in dried tears and a splatter of crimson red blood. Blood soaked through her peach coloured hair, the two colours blending together as one. Her brown twinkling eyes were now dull and lifeless.

Warm water falls from the rusted tap as she desperately tries to wash the drying blood off of her. The crimson blood sticking to her like glue. Strangled sobs escape her mouth as she grows frustrated.

Deep rushed voices can be heard outside in the hallway. Loud knocking echoing from the front door. Auroras small body shut down, she felt like a deer in headlights. Bloody water dripping from her hands. Her heart beating rapidly.

The metal door slams into the wall as it is forced open. Three intimidating guards walk in. Tasers grasped firmly in their large hands.

The wind was knocked out of her as she was pinned into the wall roughly by one of the guards. She winced as her slender arms were roughly pulled behind her. Cold handcuffs being slapped on her wrist.

A deep voice suddenly declares, "Aurora White, you are under arrest." Dread and guilt spreads through Auroras face and body.

Three years later and I'm still trapped inside this dark and unwelcoming skybox. The grey walls were covered in lines created with a dark pencil. The lines resembling each day I was stuck here. Counting down the days until I would be floated, 14 days.

I wasn't afraid to be floated. I lost hope months ago, my life was nothing but a waste. Guilt and pain were the only things I felt for the three years I spent alone.

The metal door opens unexpectedly causing me to jump in fright. Two larger guards parade inside the skybox. One of the guards had a taser in hand while the other one was holding a large metal box. Confusion infiltrating my thoughts.

A thick wristband is taken from the box. Needles were sticking out of it. Goosebumps covered my slim arms as I rub my right wrist. The wristband looks painful.

"Prisoner Three-One-Eight, face the wall." The guard with the taser suddenly announces.

A sigh leaves my lips as I hesitantly turn around to face the grey walls once again. These cold walls will not be missed.

14 days too early. Why was I being floated early? My heart pangs at the thought of being floated. All these years I felt prepared for my punishment but now the time has come I felt afraid.

And there was nothing I could do about it.

Pain strikes my right wrist as I feel needles pierce through my fragile skin causing me to wince. The guard swiftly turns me around and harshly pulls my arm, leading me outside of the box.

As I exit the doors my eyes roam around at my surroundings. Other delinquents were being dragged out of their skybox. Many were fighting back and a small amount were following along. Curiosity hit my thoughts. What was happening?

Fear was evident through my whole body. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I was roughly seated on a black plastic seat. Red belts were being secured around my small torso tightly.