Chapter 5

"Shut. Up! Really?!"

"Please they're only kids! Don't shoot them I'll do anything!" I pleaded, my arms were zip tied behind my back and I was tied to a metal chair. All four of my brothers, with their hands also zip tied behind their back, stood next to me, tears streaming down their face.

"It is what needs to be done for your father to get the message." The man said, I didn't know who he was, he didn't have a face, it was like it was just blurred out. He cocked his gun and pointed it at Oscar's head. I screamed.

......

"Amazon what is going on?!" I felt someone shaking me, I opened my eyes and leaning over me was Adrian. He let out a breath of relief and closed his eyes for a brief moment. Tears were rolling down the side of my face. Adrian pulled me up and hugged me tightly as I composed myself. "It was just a bad dream, you're ok." He soothed me. Just like in Walmart, I felt safe in his arms, protected. He leaned himself against the headboard, pulling me along with him. He wiped my tears with his thumb and pulled me closer.

"Did I wake anyone?" I asked, worried Bella and Julia heard my screams and thought I was some crazy person.

"No, they sleep upstairs, I doubt they heard anything. Are you gonna tell me what you were dreaming about?" He said softly.

"I can only remember a man pointing a gun at my brothers, I couldn't help them, I was tied down to a chair, it felt like I was frozen." I spoke quietly, still shaking from the dream, it felt so real. I looked up to see Adrian staring straight ahead, his jaw clenched, I continued, "He said something about my father not getting the message or something." To this, Adrian looked straight at me and stayed silent for a second or two.

"It'll be okay, you're brothers are safe at home and I wouldn't let anything happen to you." I relaxed my head against his shoulder, his arm still wrapped around my waist.

"When you came to my house the other day, you asked me if Xavier was the oldest, how did you know his name?" I know it was stupid to bring it up again, but I had to know.

"It's 2 AM, you should go back to sleep, we have school in a few hours." He was changing the subject. Just let it go, it doesn't matter right now. I listened to that voice, Adrian slid us further down the bed and I shut my eyes.

✨✨✨✨✨

When I woke up Adrian was still here with me, I thought last night didn't even happen. Slowly I dug around under the pillow for my phone. 6:55 AM, I sat up, taking in Adrian's appearance. He slept peacefully, stray strands of hair hung in his face, he wore a black shirt and track suit pants, his face was relaxed.

"Are you just going to stare at me Amazon?" He said, his eyes still closed.

"Sorry, I thought you were sleeping." I looked down at my hands.

"I'm never fully sleeping, I was raised to always be alert." He opened his eyes. I got up from the bed and went to the room's bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

By the time I got out Adrian had left but there was a jumper and jeans sitting at the end of my bed with a note on top.

Hope the jeans fit, they are Bella's - Adrian.

Slipping on the jeans, that fit surprisingly well, putting on the jumper over my bra, I made the bed as neatly as I could. Walking out of the room towards the kitchen I passed Adrian's door that was cracked open. Pushing the door further to open Adrian was standing over his desk loading bullets into a gun.

"Julia's making breakfast in the kitchen if you're hungry." He said without even turning around, how does he even do that? Something about his tone was cold, distant, back to square one I guess. He tucked the gun into his jeans and turned around. "We are leaving in 10 minutes for school." He walked into the bathroom and shut the door harshly. Geez what's his problem, was it me? Did I do something wrong?