Chapter Fifteen: His Most Cherished Soul

William Afton chuckled low, amused by the show of his own making. He set the cane aside, no longer requiring it as he's invigorated with adrenaline and renewed strength. Although he remained poised and in control, vicious fury emitted off him like a sweltering aura of malice.

"Does he think that he can escape after trying to tear my most beloved devotion away from me? To attempt such a grave error will not go unpunished." He kept his steel eyes trained on the doorway the officer had fled through, passing by Bonnie and taking the knife without even looking over or slowing his stride.

William stepped irreverently onto the corpse with a force that caused him to cave in the ribcage and sink into the chest cavity with a sickening wet compression.

"If they wanted to die so desperately, they needed only to ask, they could have avoided the extra effort of coming after y/n." William growled as he went up the stairs, leaving dark red footprints in his wake with thick viscous ribbons of viscera still clinging to his soles, which tore and snapped from strain.

William Afton came to the doorway, facing the man playing hero, who was keeping his distance from the animatronics with too many teeth and blade filled maws on their bellies with mechanical claws extending out.

"To think you meant to outwit me and instead became ensnared. Make no mistake, I expected someone like you to intrude. You barged in uninvited, so now stay awhile in my enchanted playland." William smirked. "You had the chance to flee and chose to stay. So sit back and relax. It's not as if you have any other choice, so at least die with dignity. I'll even offer you the decency to ensure your death has meaning and allow you to be the test subject of my next experiment."

John swore repeatedly, knowing he was out of bullets and charges on his taser after taking down the animatorincs outside, although not soon enough to save the other officer.

"William Afton, you are reprehensible, depraved and your heinous atrocities will be met with justice!" John glared the murderer down with vindictive spite.

"Curious, what did you expect a monster to look like?" William murmured, tilting his head slightly, with the mock polite tone one uses when they do not care. "There is not doubt that I will get away with everything, as I always have. I will survive this too, but you however, will not be so fortunate."

While William has told you to keep your eyes closed, you could still hear everything underneath the thin sheet covering you. You listened with horror to the bullets being fired, and the sickly crunch of someone's bones, and finally to the footsteps of William walking away.

While everything you imagined happening was atrocious, you couldn't help but blush at how he was fighting for you. Everything he had done was to protect you.

You quietly slipped the sheet down a bit, checking to be sure you were alone. The bodies around you confirmed that everything you had imagined was true, yet somehow worse when you saw it. Nevertheless, you got up and delicately stepped around the carnage, glancing over to Spring Bonnie whose metal casing was filled with bullets. You felt a pang in your chest, thinking to yourself that you might fix him up later. But now wasn't the time for that. You had to find William.

You quietly crept up the stairs, following the bloody footprints that you knew were his, judging by how much bigger they were than your own feet. Once you reached the top, you saw William's back, and your coworker over his shoulder.

Hearing their conversation, your cheeks dusted pink again. You knew that now was your time to decide, but you had already decided who you were going to side with long ago. You would side with him always, from now on, and he would always be by your side. You stepped forward to address John, gently taking one of William's hands in full confidence.

"Y/n?! you're alive?! "How..." He looked relieved, upon seeing you, but trailed off into confusion as you took William's hand.

"You searched for me for so long, did you ever stop to think maybe I didn't want to be found? Or did you really think that I, in such a higher ranking position than you, was somehow incapable of helping myself? This was my choice." You paused. "... So, congrats, you've found me. Now, enjoy your prize."

William smirked smugly at him with a patronising upward head tilt, lacing his bony fingers with yours, speaking to him condescendingly.

"The how and why of the matter are hardly of consequence anymore and irrelevant. Now that the untimely demise has already been reported, no one will suspect a thing. As delightful as conversing with you has been, why tarry any longer while there's progress to be had? Come along, then. Let's not delay the party any longer." William outstretched his arms as if on stage introducing the band while the animatronics swarmed and smothered him.

John was quickly restrained and Elizabeth approached him with a sweet smile and a sharp scalpel in her hand at the ready. She leaned over him and blew a kiss, filling the air around them with sedating chemical vapour. His body went lax and he seemed to be having trouble staying conscious.

"Bring him to me." William commanded and the animatronics lugged him over like he were a doll. William looked down upon him without so much as even titling his head, as if he weren't worth the gesture. "Tell me, do you want to live?" He asked him evenly.

"...What do you think?" John tried to sass back, despite his predicament.

"I'm relieved to hear that. Hold onto that earnest desire for life. You'll be more valuable and our time won't be wasted." William seemed pleased.

You watched as John was restrained, once again fascinated by the abilities of all of the robots. You were thankful that at least now he was subdued. You looked up at William curiously as he spoke.

"You're keeping him alive? What are you going to use him for, and why do you need him to want to live...?" You asked, genuinely wanting to know his thoughts and ideas. You knew he wouldn't just torture people needlessly, that there had to be a purpose and a reason. That's what interested you so much. As the procession of robots began taking your coworker away, you followed, staying by William.

William seemed delighted by your line of questioning, sweeping you up into his arms with feverish excitement and a wide grin and carrying you down the steps as if down an aisle to be married.

You gasped once you were swept off your feet, clinging to William for a moment. It felt oddly safe and secure, despite knowing that this blood-spattered man could snap you like a toothpick at any moment. Maybe it was knowing that he would do that to anyone else who dared touch you that made you relax and sigh.

In this moment, illuminated by the silver glow cast from his mercury eyes, despite all logic that he could easily end you in an instant, in your heart you only felt the ever building safety of his arms.

He explained in a low purr as he held you against his nearly hollow chest,

"The only complications I've discovered with my research is that the soul must remain willingly and that Remnant loses its potency the older that the human becomes." He mulled thoughtfully. "However, not to worry, love, I have theorised that borrowed Remnant works precisely the same." He pet your hair with a soft, loving expression, imagining preserving you for eternity.

"My most cherished soul, will you allow me to give you this man's life?" He implored with silver eyes searching your own with yearning desire.

You stammered a bit as he mentioned testing on you, meaning to give you immortality. "Y-you want to use it on me...?" You whispered, smiling as if you had been offered the greatest honour in the world. "... I would love to, my dear. Then I can really be with you forever..." You cupped William's hollow cheeks, petting them before pulling him down gently to give a soft kiss.

William met you partway, covered your lips without hesitation, as if it were more natural to be touching you than away. Your soft lips reacted to his with almost electrical pulses, tingling down your nerves and igniting your mind with blooms of impassioned bliss. Each passing moment of his kiss was sweeter and made the sensation build, only making you crave more and press firmer into him, kissing more insatiably. Both satisfied and wanting to adore him until the end of time and beyond.

"We will continue to love even without our heartbeats." He whispered with an intense, aggressive affection. "Not even death will separate us."

The End