♡ bokuaka - soulmates ♡

Depuis le début

“Sure. I bet nothing will come up though.”

Bokuto and Akaashi both fished around their backpacks for a pen. Once they both found one, they agreed to both write ‘hi’ on their wrists. Bokuto had a 1.0 mm blue pen while Akaashi had a 0.5 mm black pen. 

They closed their eyes while writing. All the more fun, right? Nah, Akaashi was slightly scared of seeing what his soulmate would be like and Bokuto didn’t want to see it to try and prevent more heartbreak. 

“3.”

“2.”

“1.”

Both clicked the pen, writing on their wrists. They opened their eyes, still not looking at their wrists, but at each other. Bokuto wasn’t expecting a response and Akaashi figured they wouldn’t have written back yet.

Soon they forgot about it and moved on to start practice. Even though the two oblivious idiots didn’t notice it, the rest of the team saw the neat ‘hi' written high on both of their wrists, and a slopier ‘hi!’ a little lower. 

Practice ended and the conversation of soulmates had been forgotten. It wasn’t until later in the second period that Akaashi remembered to check his wrist, only to find a response. He smiled, although he felt a little bad for Bokuto.

He responded back with, ‘hey. How are you?’ 

Bokuto felt a tickle on his wrist, and once he looked down, he noticed his soulmate had written to him. He happily wrote back, wearing a large smile. He was happy he had a free period so he could write to his soulmate. 

‘Hey, hey, hey! I’m good, hru???’

Akaashi smiled at his wrist. He recognized the ‘Hey, hey, hey!’ but let it slide, he had heard that your soulmate is the girl version of your best friend so he found it fitting. 

‘I’m well. Thank you for asking. Are you in class right now?’

‘Nope! I actually have a free period rn, wbu?’

‘Not so lucky. I’m in my second period right now.’

‘I’m sorry. I should let you pay attention to class then.’ 

‘It’s fine. We can talk when I have lunch, okay?’

‘Okay!’

They both smiled. 

Lunch rolled around and they both figured it would be a good idea to tell their best friend the good news.

“Bokuto-san, I have something to tell you.”

“‘Kaashi! Me too!”

They agreed to tell each other at the same time, and once more counted to three. 

“1!”

“2.”

“3!”

“I got in contact with my soulmate, Bokuto-san.”

“‘Kaashi, they responded back!”

They looked at each other and burst out laughing. They finished laughing and decided to head to the rooftop to eat lunch. Bokuto had brought an extra dessert to share with Akaashi for his birthday. They both decided to write to their soulmates, right next to each other. They were writing to each other, right next to each other.

Practice rolled around and they had  still failed to notice how the writing on their wrists was identical. 

“Congrat, Akaashi. You’re lucky you’re soulmate is already as close as can be!”

“What do you mean by that, Konoha-san?”

Realization hit Konoha like a truck. ‘They don’t know yet. Oh my god they don’t know yet.’

“Oh- I um, nothing. Forget about it.”

“No, Konoha-san. Please elaborate.”

“It’s just- the writing on you wrist is the same as- you know,”

“I don’t know.”

“Um, well. Bokuto-senpai’s.”

It clicked as he looked at Bokuto’s wrist.

“Holy moly, what the heck?”

After practice was dismissed, he grabbed a pen. 

‘Bokuto-san.’

‘Yes, ‘Kaashi?’

Holy fudge. 

‘Did you know we were soulmates?’ 

‘Uh- well, I saw ur wrist during practice and figured we are.’

‘Oh my gosh. I’m so happy it’s you, Bokuto-san.’

‘Hey, hey, hey! No need for honorifics, ‘Kaashi. We’re soulmates afterall, you can just call me Bokuto! Heck, you can call me Kotaro!’

‘Thank you, Bokut-’

Their writing was scribbled out where ‘Bokuto’ was, and under it ‘Kotaro’ appeared. He smiled with glee, waiting for more. 

‘-Kotaro. I suppose that means you should call me Keiji.’

‘Night, Keiji!’ 

‘Good night, Kotaro.’ 

Although first names would take a while to ease into, both of them couldn’t be happier with their soulmates.