We Learn From Every Experience

Start from the beginning

I flipped the cake out and poured the glaze over the cake. "Holy shit that looks good!" He admired my masterpiece. "Thank you, but we have to wait till it cools first before we take a slice", I told him. I scoffed when I noticed his frown. "Well we should do that assignment then," I said, placing the bowl in the sink.

~Time skip~

"How does it taste?" I asked him. "Fucking delicious", he mumbled with his mouth full I laughed at him. His phone started ringing, and I picked it up. "It's Kenz" I handed it to him. "Talk to me", he answered. I placed some in my mouth.  "He did what?" I looked at him intently. "I'm coming, don't worry", he hung up. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Tyler left her. I'm gonna go pick her up wanna come?" He shoved the rest of the cake in his mouth.

We pulled up right in front of the theatre and saw Mack. She looked a bit glum as she walked towards the car and hopped in. "You okay?" I turned around. "He just left. Family emergency" she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Oh Kenz sorry your date got ruined" she wiped her face.

"Uh-huh," Cyrus grumbled. I noticed she looked a bit sad and confused, so I turned forward. "Ella call him" he passed me his phone. "No, Cyrus!" Mack shouted, reaching forward, grabbing the phone. "What do you want me to do Mack?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Leave it", she mumbled, leaning back. "Leave it for now," I said to him softly. "I have cake at the house maybe we can watch a movie together?" I looked at her, hopefully. She gave me a thin-lipped smile.

I cuddled up with Cyrus in his bed. "She's going to be okay right?" He nodded his head. "Yeah Mack is tough. I think she's lying, but I'll deal with it tomorrow," I sighed. "As much as I hate to agree she did look sad, but I doubt Tyler hurt her...I mean, it's Tyler."

He looked at me. "Yeah I know, but still everyone could be a dick if they chose too and Tyler's a little more intense I mean he did take her out", I pursed my lips. "Oh is he now?" I raised my eyebrows sceptically. "Yeah you barely hung out with us you wouldn't know that side of him. He's shy and quiet."

"You never want me around when you guys are together" I flicked his forehead. He bit his lip slightly. "See your speechless cause you know that I'm right", I chuckled. "I'm speechless cause I don't wanna start an argument with you. We should go eat though" he got off the bed.

"Why?" I asked curiously. "Food makes you happy and you are getting tense", I smirked, knowing he was right. I always got a certain way when I mentioned Tyler. I need to make some new friends, so I don't feel it as much; maybe I should call Angela and see if she wants to hang out.

~School~

"Ella!"

"Leave me alone, Bryce!"

"Ella, hey. Slow down!"

I rolled my eyes. Could this boy not take a hint? I felt him grab my arm and pull me into a classroom. "I called you all weekend what the hell" he stared at me. "Well you know when you find out your ex raped you and your cousin is a rapist...Well, you just gotta throw a party," I replied sarcastically.

I moved to walk out, but he blocked me. "You said you believed me, Ella. Now you think I'm a rapist? They wanted me what was I supposed to say? No. Shit you know Hannah was obsessed with me, she was obsessed with you too" I let out a groan. "I don't want to hear this okay. We're fine." I tried to pass under his arm, but he blocked me again.

"Why is it every time you don't want to deal with something you block it out? You block me out? You block everyone out." I glared at him. "Yeah well isn't that what we were thought growing up? Ignore our problems or just throw some money at it?" I asked.

~Flashback~

"The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round. The wheels on the bus-"

"Be quiet, Ella. You're distracting me" A five-year-old Bryce glared at his younger cousin. "I wanna sing", Ella whined. "Ughh can you not be annoying for one second?" Bryce grabbed her hand and led her out of his room.

He opened a door and gasped, dropping his game console. "What is it?" Ella asked curiously. Bryce didn't respond as he himself wasn't understanding it. "Bryce I wanna see" Ella began to whimper, pushing Bryce. Bryce snapped out of it. "Let's go for a snack" he turned her around. "But I-"

"Ella shut up!" He asserted harshly. He guided her down the stairs slowly, her smaller feet taking more time.

~Flashback over~

"I was protecting you, Ella," he said. "I'm always protecting you. Nobody's ever going to hurt you." I sighed. "Bryce. You raped Hannah; you raped Jessica, you raped how many others I...You were one of my favourite people in the world, but this is too sinister. How can I forgive you, when you don't even acknowledge it" He looked defeated.

I took that opportunity and slipped out, making my way to class. Why can't he get it?